CUL Dental has it changed that much ?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I just got a call from a client said that they were only willing to pay $27 towards cleaning after deductible and After that he said he wanted to get new glasses just went to eye place and was told that they are constantly having issue with CUL and that they pay next to nothing for eyeglasses

Is this the way it is after customary and usual charged they switched to?

Should I sell a dif plan now?

It’s been fine for my cleanings so far and I have another one next month coming up. I’ll let you know what I get paid back

But I did go back to telling clients that I don’t recommend any company. Had a couple of recent clients barely get any money back.

Could be because of premium increase and the client might be trying to come up with reason, I am just thinking haven't had issues before

I just got a call from a client said that they were only willing to pay $27 towards cleaning after deductible and After that he said he wanted to get new glasses just went to eye place and was told that they are constantly having issue with CUL and that they pay next to nothing for eyeglasses

Is this the way it is after customary and usual charged they switched to?

Should I sell a dif plan now?
The only company that I know of that pays on actual charges is UNL. They're weak on vision and have no hearing aid coverage. They do pay 80% from day one and go up to $2,000 a year.

I have a client that told me she's thinking about using Aspen Dental for some major work. I reminded her about Usual and Customary charges. I told her that I think Aspen's expensive, so have Aspen call Manhattan to see what they'll pay BEFORE she has the work done, because I don't want her to have a heart attack when she sees the bill.

If I was going to offer something other than Manhattan, it would be UNL or UCT, but neither one of them has a pool of money. To me, that's what makes Manhattan's DVH stand out. :yes:

The only company that I know of that pays on actual charges is UNL. They're weak on vision and have no hearing aid coverage. They do pay 80% from day one and go up to $2,000 a year.

I have a client that told me she's thinking about using Aspen Dental for some major work. I reminded her about Usual and Customary charges. I told her that I think Aspen's expensive, so have Aspen call Manhattan to see what they'll pay BEFORE she has the work done, because I don't want her to have a heart attack when she sees the bill.

If I was going to offer something other than Manhattan, it would be UNL or UCT, but neither one of them has a pool of money. To me, that's what makes Manhattan's DVH stand out. :yes:

Forgot about the % , Been getting the cust services to call for a few things today. And I have been concerned about the premium increases with them, As well as the switch from actual bill to cust and reasnable That makes more sense

I am not so concerned about hearing aids but many want is for the vision too, I know they don't cover transitions, Why otherwise are they week with vision? just low % for cust reasonable?

Could be because of premium increase and the client might be trying to come up with reason, I am just thinking haven't had issues before
Walmart doesn't take Manhattan's card, so I tell my clients to buy the glasses and Manhattan will reimburse them. I tell them I'll file it for them. The only problem I've had was when the client didn't wait until she'd had the policy for 6 months before she got her glasses, so Manhattan didn't cover them. She said, "oh yeah, I remember you telling me that". :laugh:

Forgot about the % , Been getting the cust services to call for a few things today. And I have been concerned about the premium increases with them, As well as the switch from actual bill to cust and reasnable That makes more sense

I am not so concerned about hearing aids but many want is for the vision too, I know they don't cover transitions, Why otherwise are they week with vision? just low % for cust reasonable?
When I said they were weak on vision. I was referring to UNL...or anybody really. I don't consider a $200 benefit every other year to be strong. The lady I just referred to is going to get a spare pair.

Back