Current Client Seminar

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anyone ever thought about doing an AEP seminar for existing clients ( and referrals too) with the purpose of persistency, efficiency, and referrals?

Seems like 10-20% of clients take 80% of your time.

Anyone ever thought about doing an AEP seminar for existing clients ( and referrals too) with the purpose of persistency, efficiency, and referrals?

There's that 80/20 rule again.

great idea. it would only help your persistency and would likely garner some referrals. its also a good idea if you have Medicare Advantage clients. you could hold a "new member orientation" for your MA members who are about to start their plan. you could review everything and prepare these members for what to expect. they would truly appreciate that. for most people, even the very educate, insurance is still a puzzle, a maze, greek, rocket science, you name it, they dont get it.

Anyone ever thought about doing an AEP seminar for existing clients ( and referrals too) with the purpose of persistency, efficiency, and referrals? Seems like 10-20% of clients take 80% of your time.
This is the first year I plan to do something like this. Not so much a seminar as an open house. I'm contracted with a virtual office outfit where I can get a conference room at about a dozen locations around my metro area. I'll send out letters with dates and locations inviting them to come by, bring your friends, we'll review your plans. Scope them as walk-ins on arrival. For me it's not so much for persistency, as that is high now, but to give me the opportunity to do lots of plan reviews in person, and get them to bring their friends.

I do this every year for my existing UHC Advantage Plan clients. I send them a postcard invite that arrives around Oct 1. I set them up as Formal Sales Events with CMS. I hold 3 or 4 meetings during AEP at a local restaurant. I also try to steer referrals or prospects to these events also. I perform a complete presentation on the 2 popular United Advantage Plans. I probably get 100 total customers/prospects to show up that would have requested me to drive to their homes. Great for retention, plan changes, or setting up home appointments if they want to change companies.

I absolutely have thought about it. 2 years ago I had an MA plan terminate that I had 53 clients in. About 3 long days into meeting with singles and couples one at a time the thought occurred to me that I should have corralled them all up into groups.

Have done it, 2 years in a row. We have a 3000+ active book of clients, and we had very little response to our AEP seminars. As a result, this year we have decided not to do them. Our client loss ratio is very small, and the hope is that clients who have concerns about their current plans will reach out. We send a letter out, reminding clients that their current plan will send an ANOC that they should review and call us with questions or concerns

Have done it, 2 years in a row. We have a 3000+ active book of clients, and we had very little response to our AEP seminars. As a result, this year we have decided not to do them. Our client loss ratio is very small, and the hope is that clients who have concerns about their current plans will reach out. We send a letter out, reminding clients that their current plan will send an ANOC that they should review and call us with questions or concerns

Questions:

1. How large of a Geographic area is your book in?
2. % of Urban to Rural?
3. ratio of middle, to low, to super low income?
4. What kind of attendence are you calling low?

Ballpark Estimates of course. Just curious.

I have not done seminars for a few years but am doing them this year for Aetna and maybe uhc.
I was told by uhc today that it is not compliant to advertise an hmo and a ppo in the same seminar, nor can i speak of both in the same seminar.
I cannot find this in print anywhere and they could not provide it for me, they just said I can't do it.
Any input would be great, I have combed the cms guidelines and do not see it anywhere.

Would it be feasible to conduct an educational seminar comparing mapd with med sup Pdp giving generics and then offering a free rx review? Giving clients the option of providing a drug list at the seminar or is that frowned upon?

Back