Current Client Seminar

Would it be feasible to conduct an educational seminar comparing mapd with med sup Pdp giving generics and then offering a free rx review? Giving clients the option of providing a drug list at the seminar or is that frowned upon?

You can't do that.

From a Medicare Advantage stand point, I feel like you need to submit the meetings where you would have potential clients showing up (referrals from the current members). If you were just meeting with current clients for a "review", I dont think you need to submit those as Sales Meetings.

Tread carefully though!

Would it be feasible to conduct an educational seminar comparing mapd with med sup Pdp giving generics and then offering a free rx review? Giving clients the option of providing a drug list at the seminar or is that frowned upon?

If the event is education only, you can't collect any information from attendees.

You can do a mock review and go over the Medicare plan finder tool, and then say " this is something that I do every day for my clients and potential clients at no cost" the idea is to get them to ask you for a business card.

So you can pull up med.gov and run a few mock examples in front of them correct?

I have not done seminars for a few years but am doing them this year for Aetna and maybe uhc.
I was told by uhc today that it is not compliant to advertise an hmo and a ppo in the same seminar, nor can i speak of both in the same seminar.
I cannot find this in print anywhere and they could not provide it for me, they just said I can't do it.
Any input would be great, I have combed the cms guidelines and do not see it anywhere.

when doing an existing client seminar you can only review the plan the member is enrolled in.The catch here is if the plan has good benefits for 2016 there is really no need for a meeting and if 2016 benefits are bad you have brought a group of customers together to gripe out loud about the plan you recommended but you are not allowed to mention other options at seminar.

Back