Current Employer for Background Check

Simply ask nicely.

But what is in it for your current employer to run a background check? And why, the new employer is going to anyway and they want the one they run, not your current employer. Is there something on there that you did not disclose and you hope isn't found or are you simply curious?

But again, why on two different fronts? Why should your current employer run one, how does it benefit them? Second, why do you even want them to run it? You'll need to answer both in a way that benefits your current employer or they probably won't.

Oh sorry, my first post isn't clear at all.

The background check for the new company is standard, I hit they could contact my current employer without thinking they actually would.

They just need to verify employment with my current employer.

I have an offer letter which is contingent on this

Still not completely clear.

So you want your current employer to verify employment? They should do that without asking. I believe they are required to do so?

Now, if you are looking for a recommendation from your current employer, you better get in there and ask.

That said, most smart employers will verify employment and little else. Too easy to get sued for giving any kind of recommendation or opinion about an employee.

Back