Current Humana MA Clients=poof!AETNA MA 2016?

bouckville

Visited Medicare couple in NC ( ex-NYC residents), current Humana MA clients, who said they "signed a mailed form" to continue current 2015 Humana plans. No salesman visit. They showed me welcome letter into AETNA MAPD plan for 2016. They are NOT happy with current Humana MA plan.

Are MA Humana-ites being flipped to AETNA 2016 MA clients ? They were puzzled over Aetna "welcome" letter.:1baffled: No Aetna agent contact, they said.

No 2016 MA sales materials for Humana or Aetna in the house.
Understand the purchase of HUmana by Aetna announced this summer.

Thank you.

Visited Medicare couple in NC ( ex-NYC residents), current Humana MA clients, who said they "signed a mailed form" to continue current 2015 Humana plans. No salesman visit. They showed me welcome letter into AETNA MAPD plan for 2016. They are NOT happy with current Humana MA plan.

Are MA Humana-ites being flipped to AETNA 2016 MA clients ? They were puzzled over Aetna "welcome" letter.:1baffled: No Aetna agent contact, they said.

Thank you.

It wouldn't surprise me if they spoke to 1800Medicare who just did an application over the phone w/o these people realizing it. If you're really curious, you could try calling Aetna to determine how the application was submitted, but I doubt if regular customer service could answer that, esp. this time of year with so many temps.

Or meet with them and go on Medicare.Gov website....fill in their information and find out what is listed.

Goo advice. Medicare.gov site shows they are slredy FLIPPED to an Aetna plan. These are not illiterate or dim people. They are suprised they were moved w/o their consent.

Thank you.

You know the carrier didn't do this.If this really happened it was done by an unethical agent who who had access to their medicare card info and slipped an Aetna app. in what must have appeared as mail coming from Humana. I have heard of an agent who had access to UHC members in his area and when UHC would come out with a new and better plan he mailed prefilled applications with a benefit highlights and a letter stating that now is the time to " upgrade" your UHC coverage but this is even worst..Have them look at a copy of the application the carrier has to mail to see who the AOR is .

Back