Currently Interviewing at Mass Mutual, Have a Few Questions

WinterIsComing

Hey guys, just found these forums and I must say the information and posts on here have been excellent resources for someone in my position. I'm strongly considering working for MassMutual as a Financial Adviser and I'm planning on going for my third interview next week. Anyway here are my three questions:

1) How did you guys out there manage the early stages of a 100% commission sales career? I am going to have some support from my parents and I have the option of living at home and commuting about 1.5 hours each way so I think I will probably start with that, but any other ideas are welcomed.

2) I'm finishing up my project 200 and I (probably) have enough people to fill up most of it, however I'm skeptical about listing any of their contact information, at least until I'm contracted. Am I just being paranoid about them farming me for info? Will it effect my chances of getting hired if I leave all their contact info blank?

3) Finally, what are your thoughts in general about a new agent starting at MassMutual? How does their training stack up to other companies? I've gotten great vibes from the office and the manager from my two interviews so far.

Hey guys, just found these forums and I must say the information and posts on here have been excellent resources for someone in my position. I'm strongly considering working for MassMutual as a Financial Adviser and I'm planning on going for my third interview next week. Anyway here are my three questions:

1) How did you guys out there manage the early stages of a 100% commission sales career? I am going to have some support from my parents and I have the option of living at home and commuting about 1.5 hours each way so I think I will probably start with that, but any other ideas are welcomed.

2) I'm finishing up my project 200 and I (probably) have enough people to fill up most of it, however I'm skeptical about listing any of their contact information, at least until I'm contracted. Am I just being paranoid about them farming me for info? Will it effect my chances of getting hired if I leave all their contact info blank?

3) Finally, what are your thoughts in general about a new agent starting at MassMutual? How does their training stack up to other companies? I've gotten great vibes from the office and the manager from my two interviews so far.

1. If you get financing, you will get by. Get up and running and you will be fine.

2. Yes, you are stressing about it. The project 200 is mostly for you.

3. That depends on the individual agency that you are working with. On the whole, Mass Mutual provided training is great, they got great online classes. The support you are getting will be depending on the local people. During your third interview, you should ask to speak with other agents in the office, and see how you feel.

Mass is a great company with great products.

Back