Customer Service - What's the Best Experience You've Ever Had? How Do You Bring that to Your Client

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
A number of years ago I went to a sales conference where some very well paid presenters brought this question up. So what is the best customer service experience you've had? If your customers were asked the question, how close to the top of the list would you be?

A number of years ago I went to a sales conference where some very well paid presenters brought this question up. So what is the best customer service experience you've had? If your customers were asked the question, how close to the top of the list would you be?

Didn't happen to me but recently my neighbors were having trouble with their Scag mower. Stopped while they were mowing and wouldn't restart. They called the dealer where they got it and he did a little trouble shooting over the phone but it didn't help. He told them he would drive down and see if he could get it started.

This is a 10 year old mower. He shows up about 30 minutes later with a brand new Scag mower on his trailer. They asked him what that was for and he said, "I think I can get your's started but in case I can't I'm leaving this one for you to use until I can get your mower fixed". He couldn't get their mower going so he left the new one and hauled their's back to the shop.

I was just in the market for new mower so that's where I went to buy one. I bought a different brand but I decided that day that I was going to buy from that dealer.

I can't go into the details right now, but if everything carries through as it should, it was this past Tuesday and involved the Guardian.

This is a 10 year old mower. He shows up about 30 minutes later with a brand new Scag mower on his trailer. They asked him what that was for and he said, "I think I can get your's started but in case I can't I'm leaving this one for you to use until I can get your mower fixed". He couldn't get their mower going so he left the new one and hauled their's back to the shop.

That's a great story. Sounds like he was taking advantage of a golden opportunity to sell a new mower, and making people feel special at the same time.

That's a great story. Sounds like he was taking advantage of a golden opportunity to sell a new mower, and making people feel special at the same time.

I guess so. But he didn't know I was looking for one. Maybe he was trying to sell the one hebrought to my neighbor to them?

They didn't buy the new one if that was his plan. Once it was fixed they got their old one back.

Oh, I missed that it was a two part question. I guess what I would bring to my clients is a check to their beneficiaries. Either way, a payment is made I guess.

Anyway, I was/am just joking and I apologize to the OP for derailing the thread, if only for a little while.

:1rolleyes:

Oh, I missed that it was a two part question. I guess what I would bring to my clients is a check to their beneficiaries. Either way, a payment is made I guess.

Anyway, I was/am just joking and I apologize to the OP for derailing the thread, if only for a little while.

:1rolleyes:

As long as it's staying friendly, who cares? :D

Back