Cut Backs for retirees

Based on Snopes....I guess this is B.S. after all. Usually I double check email with them before resending..

Say instead of everybody getting a hissy over this...perhaps we could just delete the thread?

And thank you for the correction...

Why delete the thread? Your first post is important and RELEVANT!!! So you got a bit bamboozled on the second post, which I BY THE WAY stated (only because I'd seen it before).

In the past I have referred to this concept (retiree benefits being discontinued) as The GM Decision. I can't recall how many years ago (but it is more than 10) that it went all the way to the US Supreme Court, and yes, retiree welfare benefits (health, dental, etc) can be eliminated. Why companies who are non-competitive don't make changes is beyond me.

Just go back to the post and since you posted you can edit it and delete the text and just put something like "nevermind". That way future readers will never know :)

The whole reason you see young immigrants that come to this country bringing their elderly parents with them is because immediately they (the elderly) receive $400.00 per month per person social security. So, a young single person, moves here to start a new life, gets an apartment and brings his parents so we can help pay their rent by the $800.00 they receive. The real kick in the teeth is if a husband and wife born and raised in this country and each works, lets say 30 years for a company upon retirement they cannot each collect their total social security they worked for and are entitled to, one of them must take a 20% cut, so naturally the one which would have received less should take the cut but, why? They both "earned" their benefit. Why should'nt they receive the entire amount?

"ok....i see where some of these points are being used in making annuity and life insurance sales, without mentioning political affiliation, so I fail to see where it doesn't relate to our forum. Perhaps it was posted in the wrong thread?"

If this is what you have to pull out to make a sale... maybe you should also use the 15 billion a month in deficeit spending for Iraq? Maybe people should buy because they can't count on all the gay gop senators to honestly reflect their wishes when they can't come out of the closet?

Not everybody here is a goper. Not everybody here walks behind a party line. Some of us here realize neither party is here for our benefit and wouldn't hesitate to villify us if it meant a vote. We're supported as long as our check clears and clears often.

if you honestly see where these things help, then point out what helps and leave the rest of the bs at the door. I get it, you don't like donkeys...

I think in another thread someone posed, "how do you tell when a politician is lying? his(her) lips are moving." Nuf said, both parties suck.

Back