D. I. for 63M & Diabetes-Insulin, is There Anything ?

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hello,

Age 63
Male
5'-8", 270 lbs
Diabetes, insulin dependent. Lots of insulin 100+ units a day.

100K a year income. Does not plan on retiring soon as he gets no pension.

Not sure if he has D. I. at work.

Is there anything for a person like this ? ( I am assuming no)

Any recommendations ?

Last edited:
Most DI plans end at either 65 or 67 or go half benefit till 70. He won't make it through underwriting and even if you go high risk, the premium would be through the roof.

Sounds like you've run into some of the people I get. They want insurance but they really aren't going to get the coverage they want because it either is not available to them or waaaay too expensive.

Good luck. Hopefully you have something else cooking with this prospect.

just looked at the 5'8" 270lbs. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

It's harder than hell to sell DI to perfectly healthy people because of underwriting.

Good luck ;)

Most DI plans end at either 65 or 67 or go half benefit till 70. He won't make it through underwriting and even if you go high risk, the premium would be through the roof.

Sounds like you've run into some of the people I get. They want insurance but they really aren't going to get the coverage they want because it either is not available to them or waaaay too expensive.

Good luck. Hopefully you have something else cooking with this prospect.

just looked at the 5'8" 270lbs. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

It's harder than hell to sell DI to perfectly healthy people because of underwriting.

Good luck ;)

I was reading your post and thought you were going to say what I was thinking - They want insurance but they really want is a retirement plan.

I was reading your post and thought you were going to say what I was thinking - They want insurance but they really want is a retirement plan.

You know that is what the underwriter is thinking, and he doesn't even have the benefit of knowing there is no pension for this guy.

Back