D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

You ask them how their life would be different if instead of holding a car wash for their abuelita when she passed away someone came in and gave them a check for a million dollars

Or starting a 'gofundme' account or relying on the church. Contrary to public uses, 'gofundme' is not an acceptable life insurance substitute.

Or their children - if they can be covered with child riders.

Getting back to it after the holiday weekend. Just wanted to post some stats from Thursday and Friday last week.

29 Contacts
4 Leads
1 Appointment
2 Applications submitted for IUL policies, Total AP $12,500

Because 1. I have spoken to all 5500 small businesses in the area, they're super guarded about their personal assets, and there are far more employees than employers. Also, to talk to 100 businesses requires way more mileage than 100 residential. Less travel time and FAR smaller conversion time from prospect to client. 200 term policies is way more achievable on the personal side than on the commercial side. Although I doubt I'll get any 5M policies this way.

This is great. So glad to see this stuff

Friday 9/8 Stats
100 Doors Knocked in 4.5 hours
23 Contacted (23% contact rate)
4 Leads (17% lead rate)
0 Appointments

A few takeaways from my experience so far.
• Your pitch isn't that important. Either the contact is semi interested and will bite or they are not interested at all and it doesn't matter if you're the smoothest salesman in the west you're not making that sale. Which is fine, you have to get through all the NO'S to get the next YES. My pitch is very basic now. "Hi, how are you? Did I catch you at a bad time? Well real quick then my name is Griz and I'm a local life insurance professional. I'm out chatting with people because it is National Life Insurance Awareness month! My goal is to help get families qualified for a policy that feels right to them and fully protects their family in case of a tragedy. Do you currently work with any kind of financial professional?" Now comes the response and it's up to you to make intelligent yet non "salesy" rebuttals. My goal is to set an appointment or very least get an email to set up appointment the next day. (Always email the next day or they forget and don't care about you enough to respond) My ultimate goal is to build repor tho, cuz my plan is to make a career out of this so I need clients that trust me first and sales second.

•YOU HAVE TO OFFER VALUE!! If you give them something first, this can be as little as a free policy review, they are 100 times more likely to invest in you later than if you try to sell them a term policy in 10 minutes and get out the door.

•If all else fails, they've said NO at least twice and are ready to kick you off their doorstep, offer to save them money! Who doesn't like saving money? And maybe in the end you can't beat their policy but you'll be surprised how many of them will agree to give you an email and age so that you can send them a free quote. Maybe only 1 out of ten goes on to buy the policy but then that 1 turns into 3 referrals and so on!

•My last rant before I strap on the shoes and get out knocking doors on a Saturday is this. Selling door to door is NOT a get rich quick scheme. It is a lot of hard work, sweat, failure and perseverance! But it costs nothing but time and energy which for a low budget new agent like myself is awesome! I have no doubt I can meet my goal of selling over 100K of AP my first year all by knocking doors! What other industry provides you a chance like that all the while helping families protect their future!

Cheers to the weekend and the start of Football season everyone!

Yup, sorry about the lack in updates. WB truly was insane being able to write that much business and have energy to write updates like he did haha.

Winter has set in up here in CO and door knocking season is coming to a close. I don't think I have groundbreaking stats to report. I stand by my last post that D2D sales does work and is an efficient way for a new agent with low capital to get experience and make some sales. Enough sales to net 100K a year? Yeah I think so but the environment has to be right. WB has a great environment down in AZ with a long selling season, large residential areas within close proximity and a big hispanic presence.

If you have more resources and money, sure there are better ways to spend your energy but for me D2D is a great start to prospecting and building a book of business. I will keep pursuing the leads and referrals I've acquired this summer and be hitting the streets again when the snow melts to keep the apps flowing.

Whirleybird, Griz90....................Give us some updates! It's been two months!

I’ve pretty much stopped door knocking as I’ve built up a large enough database of referrals, I’m averaging about 6-7 new referrals per appointment. My appointment setter is still setting me up on 35 appointments per week, I typically see around 20 and write business on most. Some child policies, spouses, mortgage protection and income protection plus I set up around 5 IRA’s per month. GCI last month was about 19,000 and has been pretty steady there. No renewals yet since I gave up my NYL clients but Penn/ Ohio National have been treating me well on FYC.

I do need to reiterate this, door knocking is perfect for an initial market and getting that database set up. My DB has about 3500 referrals in it now, off of the initial 70 clients I gained door knocking. The secret to this business is to make sure you always have a minimum of 15 appointments set for next week; and know your products like the back of your hand. Had I not had the year of product knowledge prior I would not have the results I do now

I’ve pretty much stopped door knocking as I’ve built up a large enough database of referrals, I’m averaging about 6-7 new referrals per appointment. My appointment setter is still setting me up on 35 appointments per week, I typically see around 20 and write business on most. Some child policies, spouses, mortgage protection and income protection plus I set up around 5 IRA’s per month. GCI last month was about 19,000 and has been pretty steady there. No renewals yet since I gave up my NYL clients but Penn/ Ohio National have been treating me well on FYC.

I do need to reiterate this, door knocking is perfect for an initial market and getting that database set up. My DB has about 3500 referrals in it now, off of the initial 70 clients I gained door knocking. The secret to this business is to make sure you always have a minimum of 15 appointments set for next week; and know your products like the back of your hand. Had I not had the year of product knowledge prior I would not have the results I do now

Thank you for checking in. Your a perfect example of an agent using cold prospecting techniques to build a pipeline - to then transition off of. Been awhile since I've read this thread, did you ever explain how you go about asking for referrals or how you make yourself referrable?

When your assistant calls them up, what does she say to 'rejog' their memory (in case it was a prospect who didn't have time to meet with you at the time of door knocking)? Does she cold call the referrals up or have you sent them something in the mail or had the client contact them?

Appreciate the awesome thread as always!

Thank you for checking in. Your a perfect example of an agent using cold prospecting techniques to build a pipeline - to then transition off of. Been awhile since I've read this thread, did you ever explain how you go about asking for referrals or how you make yourself referrable?

When your assistant calls them up, what does she say to 'rejog' their memory (in case it was a prospect who didn't have time to meet with you at the time of door knocking)? Does she cold call the referrals up or have you sent them something in the mail or had the client contact them?

Appreciate the awesome thread as always!

She’s not an assistant so much as another agent, I tell everyone that she runs the office side and her name is on everyone of my business cards. I’m pretty clear with everyone that I do the face to face transactions and she runs the phones. As far as the referrals I utilize Bill Cates as my coach on that (I have since I first started) from his actual coaching services to having read all of his books, repetitive as the middle chapters are. But it works, nobody keeps me a secret lol

Back