Darn Aetna, You Ruined My Plans!

we obviously I haven't been a Sup guy but i'm more surprised by the second part of that one-------------one can actually create a GI situation for themselves by moving away from where their present plan operates

You would never get in trouble for telling someone this. It's right on Medicare.gov and in every "Choosing a Gap" booklet.

That's like telling an ACA agent that they'd get in trouble for telling someone about a special election for getting married. Ludicrous.

Also, the complaint would be void. You told them about an sep. That's it.

I throw that out often as an example when saying something like, "You can only change from 10/15 - 12/7 unless you have a special circumstance, like low income, or moving out of where your plan covers, etc.

An agent should not run scared about educating his/her clients...

In short, if you client really want out of an mapd SO desperately that they moved for it - good for them. Live and let live. I doubt I'll see it happen in my lifetime...

You would never get in trouble for telling someone this. It's right on Medicare.gov and in every "Choosing a Gap" booklet.

That's like telling an ACA agent that they'd get in trouble for telling someone about a special election for getting married. Ludicrous.

I throw that out often as an example when saying something like, "You can only change from 10/15 - 12/7 unless you have a special circumstance, like low income, or moving out of where your plan covers, etc.

In short, if you client really want out of an mapd SO desperately that they moved for it - good for them. Live and let live. I doubt I'll see it happen in my lifetime...

Yea your prob right just got done with Ahip a while ago def makes me have a maybe a little too cautious mind set for the moment

Just playing devil's advocate here but technically the agent and the consumer could get in trouble under the waste, fraud and abuse rules for actions considered to be a manipulation to get benefits .

Just playing devil's advocate here but technically the agent and the consumer could get in trouble under the waste, fraud and abuse rules for actions considered to be a manipulation to get benefits .

The agent can only get into trouble if he is "swaying or convincing" the customer, educating them as to what they can find online is not a problem, its public knowledge.

Latest posts

Back