DataDepot Email Marketing STAY AWAY

FLM

Expert
I decided to give purchase an email list from DataDepot and try out their Email marketing service. I doubted anyone would open the emails in enough volume to generate leads but figured they would at least be sent and I could track them and not have to question whether this approach could work.

What happened was that I was provided a login, set up a campaign, scheduled delivery five different times, and nothing was sent. I was unable to get a response from either their email provider or the company and then the Email server went 'down'.

I finally spoke with someone a couple of days later at Data Depot who said there were server problems and he would set me up on another server, just send him my account info and the number of emails ordered (I guess he didn't know how to check the order placed).

An hour later he calls me and asks why I sent the email with the number of emails. He couldn't remember the conversation.

I asked for a refund and he hid behind their no refund policy.

That's fine, enjoy the $200 Data Depot...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Update, an email from Data Depot claims the server was shut down by Spam complaints from my campaign.

Except their were no emails sent as of the last time I was able to check and the list was purchased from Data Depot, allegedly 'spam free' with double Opt-in

Nice job, Data Depot

Last edited:
Truth of email marketing:

If you cannot administer the servers yourself, and you purchased the list from an unproven source, and you don't know how to scrub it, you might as well put money in your yard and set it on fire.

Back