Datalot, Do or Don't?

Emmaus

Expert
I was considering Datalot for P&C leads. At about $30-$40 per lead, I need to have a pretty good closing ratio. They claim their leads are prospect initiated live transfers. (Prospect calls a phone number, speaks with a Datalot rep, then rep transfers to the agency.)

What is your experience with them?

I will mostly use them with Safeco and Progressive...Any tips or pointers to close these kinds of leads?

Datalot is a good company for live transfers, however, they cannot be your sole lead provider. They have issues with providing me enough leads to operate. I had to reach out to other companies for more live lead transfers.

The service is great at Datalot, as they are quick to respond to your requests. The interface is user-friendly; the quality of leads are hit and miss. For some reason, many of the leads tend to be AAA service calls?

Overall, i would recommend datalot to be used as supplementary lead generator. My recommendation is for you to go out and find someone that can generate enough leads, which in return generates activity. I recently signed with Maxxlocal who tells me they will be able to guarantee the volume. I will come back and provide an update in 2 weeks.

-Nick

I have been using Datalot for 2 months now. Previous to Datalot I had used several other companies for live transfers and internet leads. I have found that Datalot is great to work with, has integrity which is very important, works with you to maximize ROI, and is overall the best live transfer company I have worked with.

I was on a call with a live transfer from another company and not ever 5 mins into the call, another company was calling the same live transfer. Datalot will not do that which is the way it should be with the price of warm transfers.

I think you should give Datalot a try.

Lisa

Overall, i would recommend datalot to be used as supplementary lead generator. My recommendation is for you to go out and find someone that can generate enough leads, which in return generates activity. I recently signed with Maxxlocal who tells me they will be able to guarantee the volume. I will come back and provide an update in 2 weeks.

-Nick

I would love to know how Maxxlocal works out. I checked their site and it says $5 per transfer?

I'd greatly appreciate the update!

I can’t recommend datalot at all.

The leads are no better than the $10 to $14 leads you would get from any online lead vendor.

I had put up $1,000 & they gave me $100.

Each lead is $35.00 for a confirmed homeowner.
Or
$25.00 for a plain auto lead.

I quickly realized it was not going to work & had to fight tooth & nail to get my $1,000 back before any leads were applied to my $1,000.

They are not BBB accredited & while that may not be a big deal to some, to businesses it’s a nice thing to be able to brag about. Not sure why they are not.

Last edited:
DUDE WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING WASTING YOUR TIME & MONEY ON JUNK LEADS?

GO OUT......GET REFERRAL BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's NOT HARD....Dress nice...smile...speak confidently...go to realtors & mortgage brokers & introduce yourself. Do that for 3 months & you'll have so much business you won't know what to do.

CMON!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH FRICK???????????

had a great week w/ Datalot this week. Took 6 calls, bound 5 homeowners. Cross sold into Auto on the same call with one. Another parlayed into a builder's risk

if you're looking for Auto they will have a lot of leads for you. you can easily get a call every couple of minutes if you target auto

i have more home carriers than auto, so i target home. i can easily get at least 5 calls a day. i'm fine with that. it's 5 more people than i would have spoken too

overall since i've started with them a little over a week ago I've taken 10 home calls. im at a 50% bind to call ratio.

I would recommend Datalot to anyone

I just signed up with Datalot, I have my onboarding conference call this Monday. Most of you think this is a good idea? I'm in Florida and the tri-county area Dade, Broward & Palm Beach are practically closed for homeowner, except maybe Southern Oak in some zip codes that remain open and then only for newer homes, or Citizens (UUHHGGG!!), so it's not worth it for me to pay for homeowner leads.

Back