Dave Fluker, One of the Smartest Guys I Know

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I got a referral a few weeks ago to a lady who had moved to GA from NY. She had Empire Blue and needed to get a replacement policy.

Only one issue.

She has adrenal hyperplasia.

I had never heard of it but I did know enough to know that anything involving the adrenal glands is not good when it comes to underwriting.

Several pre-screen's later confirmed my suspicion.

She was floored. Having lived in NY all her life and never having to deal with underwriting, she had no idea her "minor" problem would keep her from getting insurance.

No problem, she told me. She would just buy a STM from Blue until she can figure out what to do.

Let me explain this one more time. You won't find a carrier willing to write your coverage. Even if you slip by underwriting due to the simplified app, the first time you file a claim your coverage will be rescinded.

So I told her about the interplan transfer, something I learned about from . . . Dave Fluker.

I told her to call Empire and request an interplan transfer. Based on Dave's educational posts, I had a solution to her problem.

Thanks Dave!

Dave020 is also my go-to guy, not only for health, but for LI. He spent a few years at NWM knows that subject as well. But when it comes to impaired-risk health coverage.. he da man!!

Dave020 is about a hundred miles from me (that's nothin' in the West... we drive that for dinner sometimes!) and we talk on the phone from time to time. You won't find a nicer AND more knowledgeable guy in this entire industry.

My wife thinks he's cute.

Al3

I assume you are referencing the ability to transfer to a Blue GI policy after 18 months. Had this same situation recently, better than nothing.

I just used the same advice to help someone who moved from Anthem territory to Carefirst territory. They had no chance of getting written with anyone else, so this is better than nothing. I'm sure the rates are ridiculous, but at least the person could afford it. Thanks Dave!

Because of an eye condition - I had to use the same program when I moved from FLA to KY. Nothing else at all available. The deductable is the highest possible, co-pays, and coinsurance is a bit steep, but still better than nothing. I don't dare let it lapse. The monthly premium is really not bad, but it's not paying for much.

It is one of the reasons I ask all prospects if they plan to move out of state in the future, if so I steer away from BC.

I do the same, Ned. Most of the other plans are portable to most of the states. Two exceptions (here at least) are KP and Blue.

I told her to call Empire and request an interplan transfer. Based on Dave's educational posts, I had a solution to her problem.

Just curious.
Did you get an A.O.R for your efforts?
If not, at least you made a positive additional contact of course.

Back