Dave Ramsey ELP Questions

Crapgame44

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone have any experience with this? I requested a quote in my area and got someone that responded with few carriers and IMHO poor product knowledge. Did another request and got the same guy.

ELP territories are sold. If you keep making the same request for the same product line you will keep getting the same guy or gal.

AFAIK, Ramsey does not attempt to qualify the agents in terms of experience or product knowledge. There are some ELP's on this forum that DO in fact know their stuff.

Thanks. So If I represent a better carrier I am SOL in my area because soemone got it first?

If there is more than one ELP per line of coverage per territory then the rules have changed. They are sold as exclusive territories for a rather high price if DR is popular in your area.

As I understand it, ELP's are segregated by specialty and are supposed to be limited to that line. If you are a life ELP you are not supposed to sell health and vice versa.

Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

As mentioned earlier, the problem with the ELP system is there is no verification of the qualifications of the appointed ELP. If DR decides you meet his moral standard and you have the cash, you are in. You could be a very knowledgeable pro like Ned Benz or Paul Kraklin or you could be a dufus like . . . . well, the guy you ran in to .

If you want to be an ELP you have to complete an application, if selected, go to Nashville for training, then fork over $$$ to buy a territory.

Depends on how mature the territory is and how many leads it produces. I believe the health leads work out to $30 or so each, but that is going from memory.

So if you have a territory producing 100 leads a month, well, you do the math.

You pay a flat monthly rate but DR audits your territory on a regular basis and adjusts accordingly.

I was the health insurance ELP for my city for several years. I began to doubt their legitimacy because all you have to do is agree with Dave's ideas and pay the fee to be the ELP in your area of expertise. She he's endorsing someone basically just because you pay the fee - not cool. They they rasied the price considerably because - hum, still not sure. Anyway, I rarely got any leads that were worthwhile and finally I gave it up because it was just no longer financially smart. I also got really tired of hearing Dave bash insurance agents in his radio program, he was very happy to take our money yet he made us all sound like crooks when he talked about agents - I really found that unprofessional. I never had to go to Nashville and I never went through any special Dave Ramsey training. He has good principles but none are new or rocket science. I'm not down on Dave, but I would really think about the investment before signing up to become the local ELP. It did not work well for me.

Back