Dave Ramsey ELP Thoughts

Any ELP's on here? Would like to know your opinions. In short He poses as a guy trying to help people out, but in reality charges $40 a lead. I tried and it was the worst leads I've ever had. All terrible credit, claims, etc. And thats of the very limited prospects that you ever can communicate with.

They just happen to hit me up today. I agreed to schedule the call for this week to find out more about the program but no thanks at $40 a pop.

WOW. Well I don't blame the guy. I wonder if they're actually fully procuring the leads & distributing them..or if it's just affiliate marketing that kicks back to some of the mainstream lead providers.

That being said...I'm not up to speed on current lead prices. Back when I worked leads (as a captive producer..) if it was $40 per lead...they were like top notch home owner's, good credit, good info etc & that was a 'high' price.

If anything, I would urge you to build relationships and not work leads.

I know an Erie guy in TN that has good success with this program. For some reason people in the south love this Ramsey guy so if he sponsors an agency down there, it works out well for them. I can't imagine that doing anything for me up here in PA.

That is expensive per lead. I would think your close ratio would have to be very high in order to justify it financially.

I'm sure he is much bigger here in the South. Here, he is on the same station as Rush and for some odd reason people around here listen to that show so undoubtedly he brings in a lot of business. I've listened to Dave Ramsey a fair bit and they really push there ELP program on the show. However, It is going to be a very mixed bag what you get from their show and I don't see forty bucks apiece leads when some might be good and others will surely be complete crap. Because the only people who you ever hear call in on his show are the ones trying to turn around their crappy financial situation so there will be a lot of those.

We are a Dave Ramsey elp, you do pay a premium for the lead, however you will be the only on to receive the lead. Around me the leads are 80% very good, multi auto, home and toys typically. The problem is getting a hold of the lead. We talk to and quote about 20% of the leads that come in, we have written 50% of the leads we talked to. You end breaking even or slightly ahead with commissions paid compared to cost of leads for the current year, what you are banking on is really the retention and renewal comissions.

We are a Dave Ramsey elp, you do pay a premium for the lead, however you will be the only on to receive the lead. Around me the leads are 80% very good, multi auto, home and toys typically. The problem is getting a hold of the lead. We talk to and quote about 20% of the leads that come in, we have written 50% of the leads we talked to. You end breaking even or slightly ahead with commissions paid compared to cost of leads for the current year, what you are banking on is really the retention and renewal comissions.

So you are closing about 10% of the leads you get from them?

Back