Dave Ramsey ELP

I just concluded quite an exhaustive interview session with a rep. from the Dave Ramsey organization regarding the prospect of being an Endorsed Local Provider.

Basically, being referred to those who go to ramsey's website and look for a health insurance agent in their area.

Area is "exclusive", clearly a loose term nowadays, and you get to pay for it. 200/month for roughly 7-8 referrals.

Anyone used the service? thoughts/suggestions?

I just wonder if this is any better than buying exclusive leads, especially at nearly $30 a clip.

:nah:

hard to say what it's value is unless you know how much market share good ole dave has in your area. Maybe ask to see his radio ratings. I have only run across one ramseyite in my neck of the woods. I couldn't tell you if it's good or bad. Can you try and then get out? Give it a month or two and see what grows...

3 stations in the area, all AM, but hes big with the church crowd, which here in WV, everyone seems to attend church. you can cancel at anytime with 30 days notice. they got 81 referrals in the last 12 months for the lower half of the state, which would be the territory I would "purchase."

I am one of Dave's ELP going on 3 years. I get about 25 leads per month. The leads are mostly very good, 30 per lead and the endorsment from Ramsey, build great leads.

Ask what happens if they are pulled from the station in your area. I considered it and then the local station dropped his program, I'm not sure what would have happened then, would Ramsey have expected me to continue?

the flat fee thing bothers me a bit. I would rather pay per lead if it were me. I'd be kinda pissed to drop $200 for a couple leads a months unless they were fer sure sales that cleared a grand a month.....;)

so at a minimum it's s $400 commitment for the possibility of zero leads or thousands.....

I guess my question would also be "did the guy die who had this territory before me?" Why is it available? The answer never is "becuase it does too well". buyer beware..

good question LG, i know for me, personally, no one has "acquired" any territories here in Wv...only such state besides i believe New Hampshire it was...

If a territory did open up in another state, I would think that maybe it wasn't working for them..

Marlin, what area do you work in?

Ned (Bluemarlin) works in Dave's back door in the Nashville area (just north of, actually). As I recall, he has 3 territory's.

I applied several years ago and was turned down because I answered "yes" that I had sold whole life insurance. Reapplied a year or so ago after talking with Ned about his situation . . . never heard a thing from them.

The fact you got to the interview stage is a positive.

If you listen to Dave on the radio (and if you don't you should, just in case you get in), you will know he is very opinionated and has a loyal following.

I have something similar, kind of, with Clark Howard. I don't pay anything for leads or territories but I earn my "leads" by donating time to answer questions for his followers.

I have something similar, kind of, with Clark Howard. I don't pay anything for leads or territories but I earn my "leads" by donating time to answer questions for his followers.

Seems like a reasonable arrangement.. just curious as to how much time you spend answering questions, and how many leads you average per month / yr...?

Clark is an enjoyable fellow to listen to... IMO, although I seldom get to hear him, it seems.

Back