Dave Ramsey ELP

The oddest call I've heard on his show was a guy who took a new job selling insurance for Knights of Columbas. He was green as could be but took $200,000 of his aunt's IRA and put it in an indexed annuity. This was right when the AIG stuff was going on and all the bailouts and the market crashing.

He was a new listener to Dave and was calling all upset asking if he screwed his aunt over royally.

I figured Dave would give her something like "well that's against my teachings but at this time you really protected your aunt...blah, blah, blah...

Nope! He reamed him out. Get that money back in the stock market with one of my ELPs! You are a moron and your aunt should disown you...blah, blah, blah...

The guy probably saved his aunt a LOT of money. I don't know how good KOC annuities are but it had to be better than being in the market at that time.

The guy was so green he believed every word Dave said and felt like a crook at the end of the call.

The oddest call I've heard on his show was a guy who took a new job selling insurance for Knights of Columbas. He was green as could be but took $200,000 of his aunt's IRA and put it in an indexed annuity. This was right when the AIG stuff was going on and all the bailouts and the market crashing.

He was a new listener to Dave and was calling all upset asking if he screwed his aunt over royally.

I figured Dave would give her something like "well that's against my teachings but at this time you really protected your aunt...blah, blah, blah...

Nope! He reamed him out. Get that money back in the stock market with one of my ELPs! You are a moron and your aunt should disown you...blah, blah, blah...

The guy probably saved his aunt a LOT of money. I don't know how good KOC annuities are but it had to be better than being in the market at that time.

The guy was so green he believed every word Dave said and felt like a crook at the end of the call.

Ramsey is doing a lot of good helping people get out of debt but this kind of stuff that he does all the time does just the opposite for people.

Come on now Dave Ramsey says you can take any good growth mutul fund and get a 12 percent return.

Do you think it is time that Ramsey reconsiders this. Here is what Warren Buffet says,
"Stocks can't outperform businesses indefinitely. Indeed, because of the heavy transaction and investment management costs they bear, stockholders as a whole and over the long term must inevitably underperform the companies they own. If American business, in aggregate, earns about 12% on equity annually, investors must end up earning significantly less. Bull markets can obscure mathematical laws, but they cannot repeal them.

Back