Dave Ramsey ELP

My time "commitment" varies. Took a long time before leads started coming in since it is an informal arrangement. Had to build up credibility with his followers. I get anywhere from 0 -4 or 5 per month.

So, i guess the question is, Somarco, do you find these leads from Howard's listeners to be of any better quality than traditional lead sources?

Seems like a reasonable arrangement.. just curious as to how much time you spend answering questions, and how many leads you average per month / yr...?

Clark is an enjoyable fellow to listen to... IMO, although I seldom get to hear him, it seems.

The best way to listen to Clark Howard is through podcasts. You can do this with an i-Pod or just by downloading i-tunes on your computer for free. Then subscribe to Clark's poscasts which is free. You can listen to any show you want at any time you want and you can fast forward over the commercials and boring parts.

Clark doesn't accept payment for endorsing anything which gives him much better credability than Dave Ramsey (who always gets paid for everything he touches) but I bet Dave's leads are VERY good. He tells his listeners over and over that they are crazy if they go through life without good health insurance coverage. It's a pretty strong message.

The best way to listen to Clark Howard is through podcasts. You can do this with an i-Pod or just by downloading i-tunes on your computer for free. Then subscribe to Clark's poscasts which is free. You can listen to any show you want at any time you want and you can fast forward over the commercials and boring parts.

Clark doesn't accept payment for endorsing anything which gives him much better credability than Dave Ramsey (who always gets paid for everything he touches) but I bet Dave's leads are VERY good. He tells his listeners over and over that they are crazy if they go through life without good health insurance coverage. It's a pretty strong message.

I AM THE ONE.....

I am the person who does NOT own an ipod... nor have I ever heard of being able to download itunes to the puter... but I might have to check into that one... Who know's, maybe I could the last convert... :)

I wasted a lot of time filling out a request to be an ELP. I also find it a little odd how bad he bashes Whole Life. Granted I DO NOT sell whole life , however that is not to say there is NO need for it and it is ALWAYS a rip off. Blanket statements like that bother me.

I also followed up with a personal letter about becoming an ELP - and still once again no response.

Maybe I didn't reference walking with the prince of peace in my letter, that must be the issue.

Well, as of today, its official. I have secured half of the state of West Virginia as the ELP for Ramsey's organization.

We will keep you posted on the results!

I wasted a lot of time filling out a request to be an ELP. I also find it a little odd how bad he bashes Whole Life. Granted I DO NOT sell whole life , however that is not to say there is NO need for it and it is ALWAYS a rip off. Blanket statements like that bother me.
/quote]

His thoughts regarding whole life are pretty accurate based on getting a better return on your money elsewhere, however, most of our clients will never invest the money elsewhere so go figure.

Anyone buying, or selling, any form of permanent life insurance as an investment should be shot.

For a very small percentage of the population, there is some merit to "investing" in permanent life insurance.

However the ROI is not something to be factored in when evaluating the need for perm life insurance.

NC agent, congratulations. Keep us posted.

The first few months are a learning curve with his referrals. I have a system that works for me and be glad to share it with you. I nearly quit the program early on, glad I weather the storm.
Here is an example of a recent referral, prospect is a Internal Medicine doc, sold his family a HDHP, annual commissions 720,
term on him and his wife annual commission 3200, disability on him annual commission 3100.

Back