Dave Ramsey ELP

The first few months are a learning curve with his referrals. I have a system that works for me and be glad to share it with you. I nearly quit the program early on, glad I weather the storm.
Here is an example of a recent referral, prospect is a Internal Medicine doc, sold his family a HDHP, annual commissions 720,
term on him and his wife annual commission 3200, disability on him annual commission 3100.

Awesome!!

The first few months are a learning curve with his referrals. I have a system that works for me and be glad to share it with you. I nearly quit the program early on, glad I weather the storm.
Here is an example of a recent referral, prospect is a Internal Medicine doc, sold his family a HDHP, annual commissions 720,
term on him and his wife annual commission 3200, disability on him annual commission 3100.

It is amazing to me that an Internal Medicine doctor would be dumb enough to follow Dave Ramsey. Ramsey's message to get out of debt is o.k. but as far as I am concerned his is a message geared to the folks in hock up to their eyeballs with no assets. His advice is not the answer for the affluent. He is way off base on term life insurance only, no permanent life insurance, and that you can average a 10% return in mutual funds.

It is amazing to me that an Internal Medicine doctor would be dumb enough to follow Dave Ramsey. Ramsey's message to get out of debt is o.k. but as far as I am concerned his is a message geared to the folks in hock up to their eyeballs with no assets. His advice is not the answer for the affluent. He is way off base on term life insurance only, no permanent life insurance, and that you can average a 10% return in mutual funds.

Docs are predominently bad business people, and hence often times they are broke... in spite of lots of cashflow. Student loans and bad or frivilous decisions don't equate to a person of wealth.

Scientists and business ppl are 180 degrees apart in most cases. Sure, there are exceptions, but they ARE the exception. I know many Docs that couldn't write you a check for 25K and expect it to clear the bank...

Just because someone is a doctor doesn't mean they're not in debt, look at the percentages of those that live beyond their means.

I agree, someone who is financially sound obviously had a better understanding of these things but the majority out there have no clue.

Docs are predominently bad business people, and hence often times they are broke... in spite of lots of cashflow. Student loans and bad or frivilous decisions don't equate to a person of wealth.

Scientists and business ppl are 180 degrees apart in most cases. Sure, there are exceptions, but they ARE the exception. I know many Docs that couldn't write you a check for 25K and expect it to clear the bank...

Unfortunately, I know many salespeople that can't write that check either, sadly.

xrac,
What part of Ramsey's advice do you find incorrect, except the fact that you believe WL is more the answer than term. I work with many physicians and the vast majority would be much better off if they did follow his advice.

There are plenty of people that appear wealthy but are just poor at a higher level. It is truly a common misconception that doctors are rolling in dough just because of there so called salary posted on the internet. Nobody includes the fact that most of them are paying out the ying yang for malpractice insurance and if they have a private practice are living and breathing on the fact that the insurance companies pay them some time soon and for the prices they sent to them. I personally have a lot of friends that are doctors that have informed me on this information. But like in anything there are hotshots who are making a ton of many but are also spending a ton at the same time. Like I said earlier broke on a higher level.

Latest posts

Back