Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider

bluemarlin08

Guru
1000 Post Club
Are any of you working with The Dave Ramsey Show as an Endorsed Local Provider for health insurance? I have been one for about 18 months and was wondering experience others might have.
In addition, I currently use Assurant, Golden Rule, Blue Cross and Humana, what other companies would you recommend?

I contacted DR several years ago but could not pass his entrance exam.

Seems I believe there is a place for permanent insurance in one's portfolio and that is an automatic DQ.

Beyond that, I find DR annoying and I am not impressed with his advice.

I understand what you mean> I don't offer permanent life to his leads unless they request, but I do explain there is a place for the product.

I understand what you mean> I don't offer permanent life to his leads unless they request, but I do explain there is a place for the product.

My understanding is that Dave will make someone an ELP only if they don't sell cash value life products PERIOD and has nothing to do with whether clients request it or not or if you're selling it to his leads or to anyone else. His view is strictly buy term and invest the difference.

I can see the rationale for those nearing or at the peak of their earning capacity to get the most return on their investment and insurance dollars but I've never figured out where BTID leaves the person on Medicare with limited income and earning capacity who doesn't want their family to have to pass the hat around when it comes time to bury them.

Last edited:
From the ELP application:

9 Do you agree to NOT recommend cash value life insurance AND recommend high deductable/low premium insurance when possible.

You then have to click if you agree or disagree.

That is strictly for the leads he provides. It is his game on his leads so one accepts the guidelines or not. Has nothing to do with the rest of your business.

How much is he wanting in dollars to be on his ELP list? Last time I check it was around two grand or more, can not really remember??? I like his "Get out of Debt" routine but his Insurance and Financial advice is for the birds, him and Suze should be an item!

How much is he wanting in dollars to be on his ELP list? Last time I check it was around two grand or more, can not really remember??? I like his "Get out of Debt" routine but his Insurance and Financial advice is for the birds, him and Suze should be an item!

I wondered how much he wants to be on the list too.

I have two territories. The first territory I took last year yields on average about 15 leads per month and I pay 450. I took the second territory in Jan and it yields on average about 10 leads per month and costs 300 per month.
It took about 3 months before I learned the best way to work the leads, but if there is a territory open in your area I would jump on it, it made a great fit in my business and in the past 18 months have added about 200 additional clients.

My understanding is that Dave will make someone an ELP only if they don't sell cash value life products PERIOD

This was my encounter with them several years ago. I was asked, point blank, have I EVER sold permanent insurance.

My answer was yes and that was the DQ response.

His view is strictly buy term and invest the difference

Nothing wrong with that view philosophically.

From a historical perspective, it almost never works.

Of course his lemmings will believe almost anything that is wrapped up in his prophetical teachings.

Back