Dave Ramsey

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
My life producer just lost a nice UL based on this guys advice. PH called and cancelled 4 policies before even getting approved on the new term policies they decided to switch to. A UL that was 20 yrs old and paying for itself !!

Is this the new Jim Jones ?

The advice was "drop any WL policy you have and buy term" I think he skipped the part about make sure you're insurable.

My life producer just lost a nice UL based on this guys advice. PH called and cancelled 4 policies before even getting approved on the new term policies they decided to switch to. A UL that was 20 yrs old and paying for itself !!

Is this the new Jim Jones ?

In this case which is the greater fool?

Ramsey also pushes an agency where he is an owner. The Zander agency in Nashville is one of his streams of income.

Insurance agents hate him, the general public loves him. That should tell you something!!!

It really depends on your belief system as to whether you like him or not. "Buy term, invest the rest" has been a great approach for me, but for the next guy, he/she may have a completely different opinion.

His advice also depends on your comfort level. Some folks say that you should keep a mortgage on your house because of low interest rates,and don't mind being in debt. I prefer to have mine paid off early but I see both way's as being a valid technique.

The guy that keeps a mortgage and puts the extra in investments will need to spend those investments at retirement to help pay for his mortgage.

A guy like me that likes to sink my extra into my home doesn't need quite as large of a nestegg because at age 58 my $2000.00 mortgage payment will no longer exist, my children will be gone, and I have no credit card debt, so I can live just as comfortably off of less.

The advice was "drop any WL policy you have and buy term" I think he skipped the part about make sure you're insurable.

While he may not state it every time, when the subject is brought up about someone being sick, he is quick to disclaim "make sure your insurable before you drop your current policies." I heard him tell someone that the other day....

Insurance agents hate him, the general public loves him. That should tell you something!!!

That most consumers are completely uneducated about insurance?

The reason most agents hate him is not because it keeps them from selling larger premiums, but because of the people it hurts. Just like this, a guy gave up a paid up policy to buy a new policy he may or may not qualify for, and will have to pay premiums on.

Also, not everyone has the discipline to keep investing, but if they treat the life premium as a bill, it might get paid.

Ramsey also pushes an agency where he is an owner. The Zander agency in Nashville is one of his streams of income.

They are a stream of income for him because they are an advertiser, and just that. I guess before long he will own the world since he's got over 3 million listeners and he owns every company that advertises with him, geez!

They are a stream of income for him because they are an advertiser, and just that. I guess before long he will own the world since he's got over 3 million listeners and he owns every company that advertises with him, geez!

I've read that he is a large shareholder in Zander Insurance.

Back