Dave Ramseys Financial Coach Master Training

jcorr

Super Genius
Has anyone actually taken this course? For $1795 you'll:
  • Establish the foundation and fundamentals of financial coaching.
  • Learn how to identify, understand, and resolve your clients’ needs.
  • Get equipped to launch your financial coaching practice.
  • Gain the confidence and credibility to cause true life transformation.
You will receive your designation as a Ramsey Solutions Master Financial Coach and be able to launch a financial coaching business.

I'm curious to find out what it actually teaches.

And now Ramsey is in the "designation business".

I hope it teaches the difference between coaching and licensed professional activities. I don't hold out much hope because I don't think HE knows the difference.

Since he mentioned charging fees for coaching, the practitioner can be held liable for this "coaching" advice if it impedes other licensed areas. That isn't protected under "free speech" as being behind a microphone on the radio is. Of course, as long as the "coach" is using Dave's "12% returns per year" in projections, etc... well, I doubt they could do serious harm, but you never know.

It does remind me of John Cummuta's old "Financial Independence Network Limited" seminar leader and debt reduction counselor packages back over 20 years ago. That was what got me further into financial services.

John Cummuta's old "Financial Independence Network Limited" seminar leader and debt reduction counselor packages

That brings back memories. Is he still around?

I used to travel to Nashville for business and that is where I first heard the Dave Ramsey story. His message of debt free living was so similar to Cummuta's FINL program I wondered if he simply rebranded the material as his own.

Last edited:
I've never liked his cookie-cutter approach to some of his advice, because everybody's levels of discipline, risk tolerance, and financial needs are different. That said, I believe he's got to keep it simple at the lowest level or his bigger message gets lost in the details. Love him or hate him, I credit his radio show for waking my wife and me from being stupid and broke to having a good net worth. We never bought any of his books but we were in our new SUV (making big payments) pulling our brand new travel trailer (big payments) on its first trip and stumbled onto his show. She and I looked at each other after listening a while and said "oh crap".

Edit: after looking back at this I realize I should clarify that I'm talking about Ramsey, not Cummuta in this post.

Last edited:
That brings back memories. Is he still around?

I used to travel to Nashville for business and that is where I first heard the Dave Ramsey story. His message of debt free living was so similar to Cummuta's FINL program I wondered if he simply rebranded the material as his own.

He IS still around... and he's the ONLY "BTID" guy that has become a life insurance agent himself promoting whole life insurance. (No, he's not doing MLM or anything like it anymore.) In fact, I've incorporated some of his "banker's secret to family wealth" language in my sales process.

He has lost weight since the DFPL / FINL days.

I liked his stuff. Believe he used to have a radio show.

There was a guy (in Florida?) promoting Cummata's FINL MLM. Had a massive downline as I recall and would build your downline for you. Can't recall his name but pretty sure his deal crashed and burned.

I've never liked his cookie-cutter approach to some of his advice, because everybody's levels of discipline, risk tolerance, and financial needs are different. That said, I believe he's got to keep it simple at the lowest level or his bigger message gets lost in the details. Love him or hate him, I credit his radio show for waking my wife and me from being stupid and broke to having a good net worth. We never bought any of his books but we were in our new SUV (making big payments) pulling our brand new travel trailer (big payments) on its first trip and stumbled onto his show. She and I looked at each other after listening a while and said "oh crap".

Edit: after looking back at this I realize I should clarify that I'm talking about Ramsey, not Cummuta in this post.
Dave's advice is not case specific, but overall good for the masses. Yes, he has some stuff way wrong (and would never admit it), but in the big picture he helps alot more folks than he hurts. Interestingly most of what he promotes is common sense. People just need to realize that what he says is not the ONLY way to do things, its a general guide to bettering your situation. If more people took ownership of their finances we'd be in a much better place as a nation.

It will be interesting to see if down the road any of his "designated coaches" get in trouble for crossing the line on advice.

Term life insurance has its' place, but I have a problem with those one-size-fits-all preachers who say you never need anything BUT term.

A L Williams and followers have been promoting BTID the difference for years (usually in a low performing annuity with a lot of back end charges). I wonder how many folks actually DID invest the difference and when their term expired before they did, wished they had done things differently.

There is at least one ELP on this forum. Perhaps you could ask him if he ever got in trouble for "crossing the line".

He has lost weight since the DFPL / FINL days.

I liked his stuff. Believe he used to have a radio show.

There was a guy (in Florida?) promoting Cummata's FINL MLM. Had a massive downline as I recall and would build your downline for you. Can't recall his name but pretty sure his deal crashed and burned.

Don Mikrut out of Las Vegas wrote a book "How to Make America Strong and Wealthy One Person at a Time" promoting FINL and he'll "build your downline for you".
Amazon product ASIN B001A72MGM
He was sentenced to prison though.
Las Vegas couple charged with fraud in marketing scheme

A couple months back, I found a copy of his book to read online and, looking back, I can't believe I "fell" for it... but it did start me on my career for financial services.

Latest posts

Back