Dave Ramseys Financial Coach Master Training

Dec 22, 2018

1. DHK

DHK "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

State:
    California
    I don't know. Last I heard, he was working on some kind of reality show with helping different couples with budgeting, etc., and whoever would do the best would win $100,000 or something. This was about 5 years ago or so, and Rodney was going to leverage that show into a lead generating tool for advisors across the country who were part of his network. Ambitious, but I didn't see anything more of it and his website links are down.

DHK, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Rearden

Rearden Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    https://news.avclub.com/don-lapre-king-of-the-infomercials-commits-suicide-1798227713

Rearden, Dec 25, 2018
  3. somarco

somarco That Medicare Expert Guy

State:
    Georgia
    That (suicide) was 7 yrs ago. I don't recall his other ventures. Just the "tiny classified ads".

somarco, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Cornelius

Cornelius Guru

So are his advisors under a noncompete? If they leave his fold who has access to former clients.

5. pfg1

pfg1 Guru

State:
    Virginia
    No. He has a network of endorsed advisors, insurance agents, tax folks, etc. None work FOR him, they pay a fee to be associated with him and endorsed by him. DR doesn't have financial clients. His clients are the endorsed providers and the millions of folks that buy his teaching and training tools. He's actually a genius at how he's set up his marketing machine.

pfg1, Mar 3, 2019
  6. toolbelt

toolbelt Guru

During the gold rush days, the people making real money were those who sold shovels and pick axes. It was in their best interest to sell the dream of finding "gold in them hills", even though they weren't in the gold industry, but hardware industry.

7. Cornelius

Cornelius Guru

So he can sign up financial coaches and then have them refer their students to his advisors?

8. Cornelius

Cornelius Guru

On another note he can train the people and then lose them to recruiters..

9. toolbelt

toolbelt Guru

Doesn't matter, because in training them, they have already purchased his shovels and pick axes. In that sense, he welcomes the turnover. A fresh set of miners is always welcome.

10. DHK

DHK "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

State:
    California
    I doubt anyone on this thread hasn't wasted money on something or other that actually did help them make new decisions and directions.

Just chalk it all up to tuition for the school of hard knocks.

DHK, Mar 4, 2019