DBA (Texas)

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
I filed a new assumed name with the state and the check for the fee that I sent them has already cleared my bank account. Is it ok to use that DBA name since they apparently received my info.

I filed a new assumed name with the state and the check for the fee that I sent them has already cleared my bank account. Is it ok to use that DBA name since they apparently received my info.

Should be, just make sure you have your taxes set up correctly if you are going to incorporate or file Sole P.

I wouldn't. They may still determine that someone is already using a similar name. My certificate came back within 2-weeks for my DBA in Indiana. I would be patient.

I wouldn't. They may still determine that someone is already using a similar name. My certificate came back within 2-weeks for my DBA in Indiana. I would be patient.

My name is not in use when I look it up on TDI's website... My name change is due to a problem with a partner and I'd like to put the new name into use ASAP

Back