DEALING with Apartments with Security Buzzers!

shonceman.....it would be nice to just leave ID and sign in....BUT....I usually have a small entrance room mailboxes & a buzzer/intercom to talk to. Get the same BS as a phone call........if the intercom is working and they can hear me in 15 seconds or less....otherwise redial them and try again and again! (RRRRRRR)

shonceman.....it would be nice to just leave ID and sign in....BUT....I usually have a small entrance room mailboxes & a buzzer/intercom to talk to. Get the same BS as a phone call........if the intercom is working and they can hear me in 15 seconds or less....otherwise redial them and try again and again! (RRRRRRR)

Yeah, that's a tuff one! That's where I'd probably try to go at a time when more people are coming & going (early am or late afternoon) and try to go in when somebody opens the door. When all other attempts are fruitless, I'll even call & leave a message on voicemail. "This is (me) from (company name). I'm calling because you requested an agent to contact you." I know, it's a long shot. But if they're motivated, they might return your call.

LOL! I've rarely had trouble with lobby security. They're used to all kinds of people coming & going. I usually greet who's at the desk & tell them "I'm here to see John Doe in Apt 1111. I'm his insurance agent." Some of these have sign in sheets. If that's the case, I don't go into the who & why. That's all on the sheet. Under "Purpose of visit", I just write "insurance". I just sign in & head for the elevator. If they ask for ID, I show them my Driver's license & give them a business card. Like NFL said, act like you're supposed to be there. They'll assume you have an appointment. Sometimes after seeing my business card they even ask me for a quote for themselves! (And, of course, if they don't ask me, I ask them!)

Assume, assume, assume. I like it!:noteworthy:

A guy in a suit can basically do whatever he wants. If you are male, particularly white, generally no one will ever stop you if you are well dressed.

Yes, there are always exceptions, but the general assumption is you are important and you know what you are doing. Might as well run with it.

A guy in a suit can basically do whatever he wants. If you are male, particularly white, generally no one will ever stop you if you are well dressed.

Yes, there are always exceptions, but the general assumption is you are important and you know what you are doing. Might as well run with it.

Absolutely. Forgive the psychobabble, but the black community has always appreciated a finely dressed person. And religious people of all kinds associate it with clergy. Either that or they figure you for law enforcement and that gets their attention, as well.:twitchy:

I am really struggling with NOT being able to show DM reply leads their actual reply card when doork-nocking....Because, God forbid they should actually answer their phones! Anyone have any helpful or creative suggestions???

jeeze this is easy! watch video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great point! Had a lady let me in before I said why I was there while door knocking the other day. She said the reason is because, "I've never been scammed by anyone wearing a suit!".

Absolutely. Forgive the psychobabble, but the black community has always appreciated a finely dressed person. And religious people of all kinds associate it with clergy. Either that or they figure you for law enforcement and that gets their attention, as well.:twitchy:

When I was an AFLAC agent working south-central PA, my coordinator made all the guys wear blue business suits when we were out door knocking small businesses.

I would show up unannounced at some shop and as I approached the front counter the owner would stare at me in horror. When I let them know who I was with, their first reaction was to let out a sigh of relief. (A few of them explained that they thought I was with the IRS, ready to conduct an audit. Small businesses in south-central PA love to skim their cash proceeds).

Then they would chew my ass out, since I was the 8th AFLAC agent that week to pay them a visit.

Back