Dealing with Bankers Fidelity

atb046

I've been trying to get contracted with Bankers for over 3 months now. First they sent me to a FMO that I didn't want to deal with. Then Christopher Westfall who is my FMO announced he was setting up with Bankers. He has had nothing but issues with them and decided to drop it.

I was told by Bankers that I was approved and contracted. They set me up on their ADDS system. Had access and was about to write an app yesterday when I found that they have me as inactive. I got an email after I inquired about it and said that they can't get a hold of Westfall. I told them that he decided to pass on them and make me independent.

Long story short after 3 months I still can't write with them. It's a shame as they offer great Plan G rates here in Iowa.

Am I alone in dealing with this nightmare of a company?

I just hate the thought that another agent in my area can use them to under-price me. I guess that's the time to sell on reliability more than price.

I just hate the thought that another agent in my area can use them to under-price me. I guess that's the time to sell on reliability more than price.
Just be honest with them. When your showing the rates on a screenshare, say something like, "I recommend you go with ______, Yes Bankers right above has lower rate, but their pretty hard to deal with.... "

Tell me more about great plans/companies in Iowa, i was there this past weekend to visit family, and thinking about getting appointed there.

Well I have no problems selling based on quality vs money savings. It's just a little more of a challenge when Bankers Fidelity can be 12 to 15 bucks less on Plan G in many areas in Iowa.

Luckily that next company to offer price and quality wise is usually MOO.

As far as Iowa goes it's a great place to live and raise a family. I've a Iowa Lifer. I'd like to invite anyone to move here, just don't sell med supps as I don't need the extra competition:D.

I did submit a request back in July for contracting. I was referred to the Ark Group in Omaha. Since I'm already with Christopher Westfall I wanted to keep it all under that FMO. Chris did announce that he was getting set up with Bankers. Over the last 3 months they have jacked Chris and I around.

They told me I was all set up. I did get appointed and a number about 10 days ago. When I went into their system on Monday it had me as inactive.

I just don't know if I have faith in placing customers with a company that has handled my contracting like this. What will happen if I submit an app for a client?

----------

----------

For those that are set up with Bankers how well do they handle their applications? Do they have delays or surprise u/w ?s come up?

If they don't I'll try to stick through the process of finally getting appointed/contracted.

I wouldn't fool with them. They are a pain to deal with. Their app is tedious and asks for all meds, dosages etc. They APSed the last case I wrote, 6 weeks later they declined her after I had prescreened underwriting on her and they said she appeared fine. Who orders an APS on a med supp??

Back