Dealing With Non Network PCPs

Discuss Med Supp with them. Show advantages of MS, if no go, move on. I don't ask somebody to give up their doctors. Occasionally they indicate they wanted a new one anyway for a variety of reasons, but normally they want to keep their PCP and I don't blame them. So I just move on.

So, the answer is...

Don't deal with it. Try to sell them a Medicare Supplement. If that doesn't work, move on.

Still, no answer to the question...

Waiting for Adolph to chime in...

So, the answer is...

Don't deal with it. Try to sell them a Medicare Supplement. If that doesn't work, move on.

I haven't really had that problem this year as I have the 4 main plans in my area. Last AEP I did not.

I'll await the correct answer !

Thanks everyone. I see most folks are suggesting to "present med supp or move on", and that's what I've been doing for a few years now. Most of my prospects cannot afford a $100+ medsupp, nor could they health-qualify, for that matter.

Selling other plans MAY be an answer, but most Chicago docs either take MA HMOs from all carriers, or none at all.

I just hate losing 2-4 great prospects each week because their PCP is not in-network. And most folks in Cook County have heard of (and want) $0 premium MAPD. It's a great seller in my area (Humana #1).

Thanks again...

Thanks everyone. I see most folks are suggesting to "present med supp or move on", and that's what I've been doing for a few years now. Most of my prospects cannot afford a $100+ medsupp, nor could they health-qualify, for that matter.

Selling other plans MAY be an answer, but most Chicago docs either take MA HMOs from all carriers, or none at all.

I just hate losing 2-4 great prospects each week because their PCP is not in-network. And most folks in Cook County have heard of (and want) $0 premium MAPD. It's a great seller in my area (Humana #1).

Thanks again...

They need something and are buying from someone. If you are loosing that many find out what they are buying. Some wont tell you but 2-3 a week you can find a few, Find the pattern

----------

So, the answer is...

Since you don't like the previous answers why don't you enlighten us?

Thanks Vic120,

They're not buying anything, they're just staying with Original Medicare because they don't want to change PCPs, that's understandable.

My point was, since agents on here are putting up huge MA numbers I figured they must have a solution to this problem (of mine at least). You'll rarely find a senior willing to change doctors or even more rare, no doctor at all. That would be a slam dunk.

This is for agents who write MA mainly...not medsupps.
As a note, we sell $0 premium HMOs in Chicago/Cook County. Huge market with thousands of opportunities.

Thanks Vic120,

They're not buying anything, they're just staying with Original Medicare because they don't want to change PCPs, that's understandable.

My point was, since agents on here are putting up huge MA numbers I figured they must have a solution to this problem (of mine at least). You'll rarely find a senior willing to change doctors or even more rare, no doctor at all. That would be a slam dunk.

This is for agents who write MA mainly...not medsupps.
As a note, we sell $0 premium HMOs in Chicago/Cook County. Huge market with thousands of opportunities.

This is not true. I find most times they come into conversation that they will not change doc they want $0 premium and want low copays, dental vision and gym membership.

There are many times all 10 of there docs will not be in network. they are faced with hard choices. Sometimes I sign them then and there and sometimes it takes time, other times they won't sign with me because they wont admit they are wrong but 90 % of they time they are buying something from someone. Very rarely are they going to just go it with medicare alone.

I do find that more often happens when they have medicaid then they feel more comfortable going without a plan.

Back