Declaring bankruptcy, is it worth it ?

Our current president has declared bankruptcy 4 times. Dave Ramsey, Elton John, Walt Disney, Larry King So obviously bankruptcy as a last resort is not always the best advice. Now in your case,you have so far have not been very succesfull in insurance business. You either have to change the way you do things and make more or find a job in another field and then you dont have to declare bankruptcy. However, if you are planning to only make 30k a year for the rest of your life and stay in the insurance business, you should declare chapter 7 and wipe it out. I would not worry about the extra question that gets asked on each new appointment.

Our current president has declared bankruptcy 4 times. Dave Ramsey, Elton John, Walt Disney, Larry King So obviously bankruptcy as a last resort is not always the best advice. Now in your case,you have so far have not been very succesfull in insurance business. You either have to change the way you do things and make more or find a job in another field and then you dont have to declare bankruptcy. However, if you are planning to only make 30k a year for the rest of your life and stay in the insurance business, you should declare chapter 7 and wipe it out. I would not worry about the extra question that gets asked on each new appointment.
It is not just an extra question. Some companies will not contract you within 5-7 years of a BK. And, many more will not give you an advance if you have a recent BK on your record.

Last edited:
It is not just an extra question. Some companies will not contract you within 5-7 years of a BK. And, many more will not give you an advance if you have a recent BK on your record.

The advance part is correct. However, in the long run you can't depend on advances. As for the contracting, insurance companies say that publicly in reality you bring in 20K or 30K premium case, someone will appoint you. Law firms do not ask if you ever declared bankruptcy on their employment applications anymore. Because if they did, and decide not to hire a lawyer, they could be sued for discrimination. I actually know someone who sued a major life insurer over this and it was settled. Federal bankruptcy law says clearly no discrimination post bankruptcy. Now this we won't appoint you for x number of years is mostly an insurance company spin. They are trying to weed out high risk people from applying taking advances and leaving the industry. It actually works. Except the person I know took them to Federal court and major life insurer settled. Once you depose a life insurance company over how many people they rejected over bankruptcy over the years and how many of their staff or management, current agents ever had bankruptcy, they are ready to write a check.

Many people declare bankruptcy and consider it a way out and give information to the people that they have no money and they are nobody else. But in fact, they don’t know about many ways to solve the problem of bankruptcy, which I will now talk about. The most popular solution is ordering your own protection from bankruptcy, which includes a pre-ordered trained professional who will solve your problem, return your money and even provide a new job. Such services by reliable lawyer in san diego can be found on this website without the risk of overpayment, violation of the law or deception. Why declare bankruptcy when the decision is so close.

Last edited:
Back