Define a "lead" that You Would Pay For?

collura

i know a lead is somebody who opted in to a platform to receive or wants information about insurance products, but im wondering what an insurance agent will actually buy in regards to a lead?

are you buying??? (see below)

1. email address
2. phone number
3. first and last name
4. home address

if a lead provider can provide an insurance agent with 3 out of 4 pieces of information as an exclusive lead of somebody who immediately (withing 24 hours) opted in to receive information about insurance, what is the cost for that lead?

Intent, You could have all the info in the world if you don't have intent than you have nothing I want

i know a lead is somebody who opted in to a platform to receive or wants information about insurance products, but im wondering what an insurance agent will actually buy in regards to a lead?

are you buying??? (see below)

1. email address
2. phone number
3. first and last name
4. home address

if a lead provider can provide an insurance agent with 3 out of 4 pieces of information as an exclusive lead of somebody who immediately (withing 24 hours) opted in to receive information about insurance, what is the cost for that lead?

A lead is the relevant info of a person who has expressed interest in purchasing a certain insurance product.

Email, Phone, Full Name are must haves.
Info relevant to provide a quote is a secondary priority.

Home Address is not relevant to most agents. Plus it will discourage people from submitting their info. "Within 24 hours" will not cut it. It needs to be within 5 minutes max.... unless you have a call center that pre-screens info first.

I would never pay for what you described. At bare minimum you would need to guarantee name/phone/email, plus real time delivery of leads.
If you wanted more than a very minimal amount, you would need to add a lot more.... like age and filters. Price also depends largely on the type of product the lead is for.

I would suggest you google "insurance leads" and see what the lead vendors are offering. Because that or better is what agents expect.

Last edited:
If the agent doesn't get it quickly enough or it doesn't include a phone number as a minimum, it doesn't reach my standards for a lead.

It is untimely or doesn't have a phone number it belongs on a mailing list or a telemarketing list.

After managing marketing that has sold over 50,000 insurance policies, I'd say intent is essential. My favorite flavor of intent targeting is search terms.

Consumers use search engines looking to find the exact policies that you offer. You can target them based on their level of intent, as indicated by their search terms. When you show up most will initiate a call to get your help. If you are requiring name and email, you could be missing the most valuable segment of search leads.

With the rise of the tiny mobile viewports, people do not want complex web forms, and they may not even want to visit a website. They want to call you so you can help them.

Back