Delays in MAPD's and PDP's

ser93boy

Expert
Has anyone else experienced delays in regards to the following:

Social Security appears to be taking longer than usual to process applications for IEP's, SEP, and MA/PDP changes.

I had a client that I switched from Humana to Aetna for 2/1. The client received an Aetna ID card and has used the coverage already, but Humana is still showing active in Medicare.gov and Marx.

The second client is a husband and wife that had a part B SEP for 2/1. I enrolled them into a Part D plan for 2/1, but Marx and Medicare.gov still show Original Medicare with no PDP. Keep in mind that the clients received their PDP member ID card, and has already used the coverage.

The third client turns 65 this month and completed her appointment/enrollment with Social Security on 01/31/19. I called her and 2/15 and told her to follow up with Social Security because Marx did not show her in the system. She called Social Security and they told her that her Medicare will be active within the next 48 hours. As of today, she is still not active in Marx

I am wondering whether or not CMS was affected by the Government shutdown and is backed up with processing applications, or are theses just isolated incidents. Has anyone else experienced any of these issues?

Has anyone else experienced delays in regards to the following:

Social Security appears to be taking longer than usual to process applications for IEP's, SEP, and MA/PDP changes.

I had a client that I switched from Humana to Aetna for 2/1. The client received an Aetna ID card and has used the coverage already, but Humana is still showing active in Medicare.gov and Marx.

The second client is a husband and wife that had a part B SEP for 2/1. I enrolled them into a Part D plan for 2/1, but Marx and Medicare.gov still show Original Medicare with no PDP. Keep in mind that the clients received their PDP member ID card, and has already used the coverage.

The third client turns 65 this month and completed her appointment/enrollment with Social Security on 01/31/19. I called her and 2/15 and told her to follow up with Social Security because Marx did not show her in the system. She called Social Security and they told her that her Medicare will be active within the next 48 hours. As of today, she is still not active in Marx

I am wondering whether or not CMS was affected by the Government shutdown and is backed up with processing applications, or are theses just isolated incidents. Has anyone else experienced any of these issues?

I know for the most part that Humana doesn't send out ID cards until the enrollment is accepted by CMS. Not sure about the other carriers, but if they're jumping the gun and sending out cards before that maybe they're just slow with sending out rejection letters? I'm curious about which elections you used, esp. where you said they had a Part B election and enrolled into a PDP; a bit of a mismatched statement there.

I used OEP for the first client who switched to Aetna.

The husband and wife were coming off group coverage with a part B SEP for 2/1. I used the loss of group coverage for the part D election period in this case.

The third client is still does not show up in the Medicare system at all.

Back