Deleted Threads

Sam

Founder
Administrator
I think I missed the last few posts of that thread, but it was deleted before I got to read them, so I don't know what they said. I did NOT delete the thread, and so if you want me to know what it said, feel free to say it again.

For the record:

In the past - as in months ago - I had deleted threads and also got caught up in the back-and-forth BS. I have not and will not delete another post on this board.

Upon re-evaluation my job as a moderator on this board is to provide information to members which may be of use and manage spam.

Last edited:
I think I missed the last few posts of that thread, but it was deleted before I got to read them, so I don't know what they said. I did NOT delete the thread, and so if you want me to know what it said, feel free to say it again.

Sam, if you didn't delete the thread, who did? Why?

Al

Which one, which thread? The delete button seems to be on auto pilot.

Sam, what's the point?

It was my post that caused the deleted thread.

I could take the time to re-post it, but all you'll do (based on past experience) is make excuses and play both sides of the fence because you get free labor from folks like Sti.

Sam, grow a backbone and take a stance for once.

It was the thread where we were discussing Scott's lack of judgement and constant abuse of his moderator privileges. I believe myself, Al, Rick and some others voiced their comments.

The insertion of "homo" and inserting comments like "I want to sleep with you" into other person's threads was among the topics discussed. Some of us (many of us?) were fed up with a moderator abusing his privileges.

I believe the name of the thread mentioned removing Scott as a moderator.

Also...I think Scott deleted another thread posted by Moonlightandmargaritas. (Whoops! I see he just posted that)

• Staff
Chumps, I saw all that I just didn't see the last few posts including .pauls post.

I will give this some thought, stay tuned for further comments.

I will say, on boards I run, any moderator who makes context changes to another persons post would not be a moderator. Thread deletions (outside of spam) would get their moderator priveliges removed instantly. I've never had this problem. If a moderator feels a thread needs to be deleted, they do a soft delete, allow me and my wife (it's really her board) to review it, and we, as admins, make the call to delete it.

Of course, every board is free to set their own rules, but editing other peoples posts, signatures, etc, and not indicating you did it, is beyond the line of a board I will participate in.

This board represents our profession. While we should be able to let our hair down a bit (I've removed mine, it's way down), it is still 'our profession' and as such, we need to respect each other as professionals.

Dan

P.S. Totally unrelated, if anyone is interested, the board me and my wife run is quilting related, not insurance related. It comes from when we ran an online quilting supply store.

I think that in light of the transpirings today, it would be prudent for me to review and rethink how the site is run.

I will get back on this on Saturday night or Sunday.

Back