Demise of Individual Mandate

Does the demise of Individual mandate equals to end of Obamacare?

Any prediction for 2019 marketplace?

There will be still subsidies and expanded Medicaid.
Will there be association plans being sold across the state boundaries? Will subsidies be allowed to be used to buy them? Will the consumers and agents better off in 2019?

Monti
Health Insurance Leads
A+ Rated for 13 Years

after hanging in this Market for 8 years I out going forward, this
year is a complete mess, Companies not getting transfers from MP,
MP say they sent them, MP auto renewing members that over ride
the app the we did, with the wrong TC amount, this is a complete cluster,
I have 120 apps that are missing and all you get is it not us.. I'm out

Does the demise of Individual mandate equals to end of Obamacare?

Any prediction for 2019 marketplace?

There will be still subsidies and expanded Medicaid.
Will there be association plans being sold across the state boundaries? Will subsidies be allowed to be used to buy them? Will the consumers and agents better off in 2019?

Monti
Health Insurance Leads
A+ Rated for 13 Years

Russian roulette. If the end of the mandate makes no difference to this industry, something else will. Most carriers have already braced themselves for an end to the mandate. After all, so many people are exempt that it lost its power anyway. They are simply trying to work with a project that has 6 ways to die, and they don't know which chamber has the bullet in it.

You could write Oscar. Of course, they won't pay commission or claims. I tell people that I'll gladly not pay claims for only 1/2 the premium. Such a deal. The sad thing is people need insurance. Many have bailed to ministries which I avoided for years.

Calling the current state a cluster a headache gets it 1/2 right. It don't matter. We'll be dead soon.

Time to sell something else. Going to FL first. Merry Christmas y'all!!!

Most of my clients get subsidies, so they will not "feel" it. Those who are 400%+ will get hit by a train....They were already run over by a mac truck this year with rate increases.

Many 400%+ will drop completely or go to healthshare plans for some coverage. ACA will eventually be the High Risk pool prior to ACA, but this time ACA doesn't have a limit on it's costs.

My coverage this year went from $700/m on a GF plan (carrier dropped GF plans), to $2,062/m on an ACA plan. My deductible went up $3,000 too. No subsidy for me...

I've instructed those considering health share to enroll in ACA and ride the 1st month grace period since any illness that is diagnosed between signing the health share app and the effective date becomes an uncovered pre-ex. BCBST has a 30 day grace period for the 1st premium beginning with the effective date. The advice was the same for those taking STM last year. No telling what happens next year - probably 50 to 100% rate increase if we have any carriers at all.

I heard today that CHIP funding is on the chopping block. One of my friends dumped their son on TN care when he got sick and was running several thousand in RX claims. Apparently, his meds aren't on any ACA formulary and the family simply didn't have enough dollars to pay for them.

It makes sense that the share products will have problems. There is only underwriting after the fact and they are estimating future claims similar to carriers and using data that likely isn't credible. My Christian brethren are no more healthy or honest than any one else despite the fact that they look good on Sunday and don't steal each other's bibles. They have the rest of the week for stealing.

Back