Dems Preparing for Solo Flight?

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
What a disorganized nutcase scenario White House policy or
lack thereof has become. Rahm and Company are workng with the House dems now to prepare for a full frontal assault that bypasses republicans and however many blue dogs they think they can afford to ignore. How this squares with Sebelus's comments, no one knows. They tried to run her up the flag pole and see if anyone saluted at her comments and no one did. They used her as the canary in the coal mine.

It's going to be bloody and I suppose that is fine. Rather have a public bloodbath around the issue than this backroom stuff that has been going on not only in health reform but around economic policy too.

What a mess. The President has no bill whatsoever before Congress. He is just throwing the issue to the wolves and saying he will sign something if it looks good.

I would impeach Obama and string Barney and Dodd up out on the National Mall to bring a higher level focus to some of these issues.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/19/health/policy/19repubs.html?hp

It is a serious mess.

I don't think you can impeach BOBO for being incompetent.

I am still worried that the Gov option could go through.

The Congress is full of libs that are elitists.

I've reached a point where I hope the Democrats use Reconciliation and push through whatever they want with just 51 votes, the sooner the better.

The law would not take effect until 2013, giving the GOP plenty of time to pick the rotten legislation apart for both the 2010 and 2012 elections.

Additionally, the polls are showing that Americans think the Democrats are over-reaching, over-interpreting their "mandate". A 51-vote passage would only exacerbate that.

I remain confident that there is no way the American public is going to put up with what the Democrats want to force on them, and that they will make their opinions felt at the polls.

It is a serious mess.

Agreed. The last administration proved that.
I am still worried that the Gov option could go through.
It probably will in some form or another. Elections matter. You lost.
The Congress is full of libs that are elitists.
Hmmm. There are no conservative "the rules do not apply to me" elitists. Um... how many sex scandals have you folks had? Today 11:57 AM
Well at least everyone is in agreement.

It appears that we all agree that the government is a bunch of incompetent elitists who do what they want rather than what the people want.

Well at least everyone is in agreement.

It appears that we all agree that the government is a bunch of incompetent elitists who do what they want rather than what the people want.

Bingo.

Yet there are still many who believe that it's the responsibility of a bunch of professional politicians & the federal bureaucracy to make everything "fair", to make us "even", and to make everyone happy.

Yep, good luck with that.

Sure you can. Impeaching is one thing but impeaching and convicting/removal by the Senate are two different things. But there is no constitutional barrier to starting an impeachment proceedings against him. Just as the Dems talked about impeaching Bush constantly even though they had no grounds other than the fact that they hated him and disagreed with various policies. Yeh, I know the votes arent there but so what. The dems used it just to be a pain in the arse and I feel like being a pain in the arse with Obama today.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, health insurance premiums are the after effect, not the cause of high health care expenses. If the main issue was getting people coverage who can't qualify due to health issues, then create a national risk pool and subsidize it like my state does (premiums can't be more than 25% of what's found in the private market).

If the issue is low income people not being able to afford coverage, subsidize it (I don't agree with doing this, but it would have the effect they want). The single payer system is only subsidizing it anyway in another form, but then the government inefficiencies and politics comes with it).

If controlling health care delivery costs is the main issue (and it should be), health insurance has very little to do with it. Tort reform, information sharing technology, open market for prescriptions, an unhealthy population (the gorilla in the room no one wants to talk about), and the list goes on are where the focus should be.

Insurance company profits being targeted is complete BS, since when is making money in a capitalist society (or at least use to be) unethical? I would wager everything I own that the government inefficiency would be more than double the 3% profit margin the insurers make if we went to a single payer system.

This is more a story of power, control, and buying votes than actually helping people. If the focus was on actually helping people and not buying votes with the promises of "reduced rates" subsidized by other people, the focus would be on providing greater access to coverage by utilizing the private sector. Instead, it's handcuff the private sector then point a finger that it doesn't work.

That's enough of a rant for today.

Back