Dental Insurance isn’t paying for bill from 2 years ago

logan77

I went to the dentist 2 years ago. I had dental insurance through my job and because I was under 25 yrs old I was still on my fathers plan. I put. I put both insurances down and had a few fillings done. A few months later I received a bill in the mail for $460. I call the dentist office and they mention that my insurance I have with my father hasn’t paid and they tell me I have to call the insurance and see why they keep denying the claim. I call and the say they are not submitting the form correctly (details are blurry because this happened last year). I call the dentist office back and told them what they were missing on the claim. They fix it and resubmitted it again. They have tried to submit this form 7 times from the last time I spoke to them and the insurance company keeps denying it. I plan on contacting the insurance company again tomorrow although I am not longer covered under them. Is there anything else I can do to get this matter taken care of?

Thanks in advance.

If you haven't been sued or sent to collections and want to avoid being sued or sent to collections, I suggest you pay the bill and then deal with the insurance company for reimbursement.

Meantime, file a complaint with your state's Dept of Insurance. Maybe that will get the insurance company moving.

When insurance companies process a claim (at least for health and dental coverage I have had) they create a form called an EOB (explanation of benefits) that shows treatment codes, what they paid and what the member responsibility is. If they don't pay, there is usually some comment as to why.

You should have received those from your job dental insurance and then the ones for your father's insurance should have gone to his house. Before you can have any effective understanding of the problem, you need to see those EOB's to understand what the insurance companies have done.

edit----
ie determine the very specific reasons as to why they are denying the claim.
end edit----

It might also be useful to do two other things.

Read the coordination of benefits provisions in both policies.
Find out if your dentist is in network for your father's plan as well as your own.

My post crossed with somarco's. His answer is the simple easy one that will remove the aggravation from your life.

If you are still interested in pursuing it, you are going to have to get into the steps I mentioned above.

And one other thing occurs to me:
Have you verified that you were covered under your father's dental plan as well as his medical plan?

I went to the dentist 2 years ago. I had dental insurance through my job and because I was under 25 yrs old I was still on my fathers plan. I put. I put both insurances down and had a few fillings done. A few months later I received a bill in the mail for $460. I call the dentist office and they mention that my insurance I have with my father hasn’t paid and they tell me I have to call the insurance and see why they keep denying the claim.
free netflix tech news android 9 I call and the say they are not submitting the form correctly (details are blurry because this happened last year). I call the dentist office back and told them what they were missing on the claim. They fix it and resubmitted it again. They have tried to submit this form 7 times from the last time I spoke to them and the insurance company keeps denying it. I plan on contacting the insurance company again tomorrow although I am not longer covered under them. Is there anything else I can do to get this matter taken care of?

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back