Dental Insurance Or Discount Plans

lgreen

Guru
100+ Post Club
First question is who has the best individual dental insurance available. Next, are you better off selling discount dental plans than dental insurance. Which pays the broker the most?

I sell a dental discount plan and it pays 120% in upfront daily commissions and 40% residual. It can be used in 44 states. You can send me a private message if you'd like more info. I'm new here.

I've got some happy consumers paying $19.95 per month for the entire household for a dental discount plan. I'm happy helping people take care of their oral health.

I've got some happy consumers paying $19.95 per month for the entire household for a dental discount plan. I'm happy helping people take care of their oral health.

I'll leave the "oral health" bit alone but if you're going to mention a company you should name it, also.

Edit: Nevermind, you did in another thread.

Any discount plan is garbage. 20 plus year dental vet here.

You get poor care, the patient gets ala carted to death by the provider and nothing is covered 100% which is what people want.

A broken clock is right twice a day so if you were in the 2% that it applies to it would make sense from a consumer standpoint.

Any discount plan is garbage. 20 plus year dental vet here. You get poor care, the patient gets ala carted to death by the provider and nothing is covered 100% which is what people want. A broken clock is right twice a day so if you were in the 2% that it applies to it would make sense from a consumer standpoint.
They've just been conditioned to expect 100% coverage because all of the employer dental plans they've ever had covered everything at 100%.

They've just been conditioned to expect 100% coverage because all of the employer dental plans they've ever had covered everything at 100%.

Atleast for basic preventative services.

I could go to any dentist on the plan and tell them I am willing to pay cash for all services and getvtge same deal or better from them without the plan.

Not to mention, many providers now offer their iwn discount plans to patients and cut the middleman out.

Delta Dental offers IFP dental plans in many states. A husband, wife, and one or more children in Southern California can enroll in their DHMO plan for less than $16 per month ($191.16 annual payment). Honest-to-goodness dental insurance with $0 deductible and many basic services at no or low cost. Reasonable costs for the expensive stuff like root canal therapy, crowns, etc. Even includes orthodontic coverage for children and adults.

Why waste money on a "discount plan" and get nothing more than the same cash discount another person can get without the $240 in "premiums"?

Insurance is not free, but discount plans are not insurance and they are not cheap. And, as a professional insurance producer, nothing that I do for my clients is based on what I get paid. I could care less what my commissions are, because what I do for others is not about me at all.

Back