Dental Plans - Ameritas

Revit750

Just got started selling Med Sups/MA plans about 4 months ago. Had a client looking for a dental plan that he was willing to pay out of pocket for over and above the basic stuff his MA would give him. I've never sold a Dental Plan before.

I showed him the Ameritas Dental plan. He liked it; and told me its comparable to his group stuff. Was curious as far as plans go how does this one rate?

Just got started selling Med Sups/MA plans about 4 months ago. Had a client looking for a dental plan that he was willing to pay out of pocket for over and above the basic stuff his MA would give him. I've never sold a Dental Plan before.

I showed him the Ameritas Dental plan. He liked it; and told me its comparable to his group stuff. Was curious as far as plans go how does this one rate?

No too f*cking good. I've got it, but never sold one. You should pick up Central United Life. It's priced better and put's Ameritas/Security Life to shame. For instance, I think Ameritas has a $200 limit on glasses every other year. CUL has a pool of money and you can use the whole amount on one item or mix it up between the dental, vision or hearing. Pays on actual charges and no network. Commissions are a LOT better too. I took it out on myself. :yes:

No too f*cking good. I've got it, but never sold one. You should pick up Central United Life. It's priced better and put's Ameritas/Security Life to shame. For instance, I think Ameritas has a $200 limit on glasses every other year. CUL has a pool of money and you can use the whole amount on one item or mix it up between the dental, vision or hearing. Pays on actual charges and no network. Commissions are a LOT better too. I took it out on myself. :yes:

Even though CUl isn't available in FL yet I was curious. Is it a reimbursement plan? I picked up a DVH a few years ago and only sold one. Most seniors hate the idea of paying out of pocket and getting reimbursed.

Even though CUl isn't available in FL yet I was curious. Is it a reimbursement plan? I picked up a DVH a few years ago and only sold one. Most seniors hate the idea of paying out of pocket and getting reimbursed.

No, the dentist office files with CUL using a standard claim form. I don't like the idea of reimbursement either...that would be a PITA.

CUL has filed in Florida, and it's pending.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'm in Florida too. Any others you can recommend that I should look at?

Thanks for pointing that out, I'm in Florida too. Any others you can recommend that I should look at?

No, I've never seen one that I thought was worth it before. I have 5 other one's available to me, but they're all very similar and just not a good buy.

I guess that if you don't have CUL available, Ameritas is probably one of the better ones.

If Dentist wont file the client can file claim and get paid in 7- 10 days based on actual charges not the standard customary reasonable.

I'm curious as to how often that would happen. When I first heard of CUL I thought it was like Medico where you don't expect the dentist to file for you. At least that's the way it was before they started with their network option.

If Dentist wont file the client can file claim and get paid in 7- 10 days based on actual charges not the standard customary reasonable.

That looks like a plus and a minus. Nice to have the charge paid for but "available funds" might get used up faster than when a network "caps" provider charges. While I was still working, I always saw that as one of the advantages of the various group health plans-before the Ins Co's share and my share was laid out on the EOB, there was a reduction of provider charges to some network standard. In some cases charges would be eliminated altogether because "the network" said they should be included in the charge for a more basic activity.

I think some of that stuff could run up pretty quick with the assortment of possible charges for dental and vision services. No knowledge of what happens in the hearing aid corner.

Back