Dental Plans Marketing

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Got a call from a FMO about selling Assurant dental plans. I get alot of people asking about dental but I never messed with it. Does anyone have any success marketing and selling dental/vision plans? If so what plan would be the best?

Re: Dental Plans

Does anyone have any success marketing and selling dental/vision plans?

Define "Success" in regards to selling dental plans.

It's either one of two things, sell a good dental plan and make next to nothing or sell avg dental plan and making a decent %.

I "sell" (send the link) the Humana c550 plan, and make next to nothing , it's dirt freakin cheap too.

I have never "sold" dental either. It's touched on during my presentation, if they ask for it they get an a or b option and I send a link or put their cc info in if they tell me they want it. The monthly check from Delta did finally cross $100/mo last month lol!

Please clarify that is for all your Delta Dental biz before some noob wets his pants....

LMAO yes that is for ALL OF MY DELTA BIZ....as mentioned above you can sell the better dental plans and make less commission which is just pennies no matter how you look at it. That is 80% of the dental I've sold ever! The rest of it was attached to the major med plan usually with UHC.

Are you referring to dental insurance or a discount dental plan? t hall

I can't say how many times I've quoted dental coverage. I can say how many times I've sold dental coverage.

ONCE!

It was a few months ago and I still have the check sitting right here. Twelve dollars...

The idea of dental coverage sounds great, but once you look at the actual plans, people just decide that it'd be a waste of money. Waiting periods are what kill the deal every time, though I completely understand the need to have them.

Back