Dental, Vision & Hearing product?

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
My Mom, in Michigan, 74 non-tobacco, needs a plan that has immediate benefits to some degree.

Anything out there to help her?

LOL is this going to be a hot lead? I do have my license in Michigan... Hopefully, she will not get bombarded by calls for her "Medicare review."

Likely to be expensive, have to decide if she wants to make a long term commitment to premium level involved. When I was looking at dental options, I saw the age break at 65. Under 65 and 65 and over.

Indemnity plans: goillini and rousemark always recommend Manhattan CUL for DVH. I think Cigna has a competing plan. Medico has dental, don't know if it is DVH. I believe they tout a New Dental plan along with their New Medigap plans in some states.

UHC has "over age 65" plans that include a hearing benefit and you can add vision. They are tiered for reimbursement so the first year reimbursements are fairly low. You ought to check any plans you look at to see if they are calendar year or benefit year. You are interested in that with the tiered plans so you know when you can start on the second year reimbursement level. (I think Ameritas has gone from calendar year to benefit year because of agents pushing the Ameritas plans in the last quarter of the year-the purchasers only had to wait 3 months or less to get to second year level of benefits.)

Immediate hearing benefit-at least for hearing aids-may be somewhat limited on any DVH plan.

If the concern is just dental with immediate coverage for preventive and basic services, I would start by checking BCBS or Anthem options and Delta options for Michigan.

You can get a sense of other dental options at these three links:
dentalplans dot c0m
dentalinsurance dot c0m
https://www.investopedia.com/best-dental-insurance-plans-with-no-waiting-period-5069459

For the full spectrum of DVH I don't have other good suggestions except this possibility:

@Travis Price reps an association dental plan. I can't remember if it includes vision and hearing coverage. Prob around $65/mo. I think Benefit level is up to 5 or 6 thousand.

Sam manages another association plan. The name eludes me at the moment, and again I can't remember whether it includes vision and hearing. I think it is in the $60 per month neighborhood. I think Benefit level is up up to 5 or 6 thousand.

Back