Describe the Ideal Med Supp Client:

Lee_CQ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Tennessee
I have a tough time grasping this customer base. I understand Final Expense, I understand Long Term Care but outside of a Med Supp Client being 65+ I have a tough time understanding this demographic.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Here's the challenge:

Outside the T-65 market, the best prospects aren't actively looking to switch.

They will continue paying $50 to $100 more for their supp, year after year, if they are not educated on WHY they are overpaying.

None of my clients were initially looking to change, but once they were informed, and the trust level was established, switching became a no brainer!

Last edited:
Spot on. My fathers 83 in great Health and has had blue cross since age 65 and refuses to switch even though I could save him 50%. They've paid his bills and he believes in them.Lee I think the problem you're going to have generating med sup leads versus Fe leads is very simple. 95% of your Fe lead clients have no insurance thus there's a big pool of lower income people.As the poster said most people over age 65 have a med sup and aren't actively looking.

Not really sure what you are looking for, Because you leads have been good especially first few runs were excellent.

But if I were talking about teli leads I would say ask questions that weed out MA people, But don't think that has been an issue with your leads, Your always going to get some of them from time to time no matter what you do.

Only thing else is better to hit low MA penetration counties

----------

Here's the challenge:

Outside the T-65 market, the best prospects aren't actively looking to switch.

They will continue paying $50 to $100 more for their supp, year after year, if they are not educated on WHY they are overpaying.

None of my clients were initially looking to change, but once they were informed, and the trust level was established, switching became a no brainer!

Yes to add to that, It is amazing when you run into one that is paying $100 over market norm just because it is Blue Cross or AARP and they are perfectly healthy, and they just don't understand that any other company will pay out the exact same way for less money by law.I bet so many more would switch if they really understood and believed that

I did get 4 out of 10 leads that were MA and 3 of those were Medicaid. I dont know how you would weed those out. When I am cold calling I stress the rate increases and my list has an income filter of 30k min income. Even then you will get some MA. The ones that are reluctant to switch, I try to push home that "it is the plan not the company that you like".

I did get 4 out of 10 leads that were MA and 3 of those were Medicaid. I dont know how you would weed those out. When I am cold calling I stress the rate increases and my list has an income filter of 30k min income. Even then you will get some MA. The ones that are reluctant to switch, I try to push home that "it is the plan not the company that you like".

I do switch many of them, it just kills me that once in a while, And the ones who wont switch are the ones paying way to much, That's the crazy part the ones I can save $10 or $20 a month are easy the ones paying $100 too much are sometimes harder

65+ think they understand Medicare and the plan they have.

They don't.

65+ will shop when they get a noticeable rate increase. Otherwise, they are not interested.

65+ will shop when their medical bills are not manageable. In most cases that is the wrong time to try and change plans.

I'd have to go back and look through mine again but most were either uninsurable, on MA plans or had employer group.

What if you added a phrase like "if you make more than $30,000 a year, you are paying too much for your Medicare supplement or there are some discounts that you are eligible for."

If you were in Obamaite handout client, would you respond to the lead if you saw that?

What if you added a phrase like "if you make more than $30,000 a year, you are paying too much for your Medicare supplement or there are some discounts that you are eligible for."

If you were in Obamaite handout client, would you respond to the lead if you saw that?

A lot of my med clients make less than 30k per year.

Back