Desk, Phone and Computer?

WTBagent

Expert
Hello
I have been reading many threads and wanted to ask. If you have no experience in insurance. Can you start as an independent agency with no experience, just determination?
Or how do U get some experience to learn Insurance?

WHatever type of insurance you choose.

Thanks

Failure rate is high. Very high. Extremely high. So high that....Sorry. Sometimes I get carried away.

Try one of these two things. Work for a big captive company and get training and a guaranteed salary. Or, if you stay independent, find a mentor (local) and learn as much as you can...as quickly as you can.

unless you're shooting for individual health - then there's no captive agency worth going with.

So how do u suggest an new agents gets started?? Where do u get a product or even decide on one or more ?? do u just work from home and get on the phone and get appointments and build from there??
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ok sorry i found the answer on where to get the product.

Last edited:
Depending on where you are, there are captive agencies worth considering . . . at least for life, health, auto & HO.

If I were starting out today I would probably go captive, then to a mentor or independent within 12 months or so. There are several opportunities in the Atlanta area for rookies. May not be as many in your area.

unless you're shooting for individual health - then there's no captive agency worth going with.

I would disagree with this....There are quite a few that are good... but the real test is not the company but the people you will report to directly.They are the ones that will make or break your career in this business.

The agent themselves will make or break there career...
DONT PUT YOU INCOME INTO SOMEONE ELSES HANDS!!

You can do either, but if you want to go captive you will more than likely have to pass a little computerized test that supposedly tests your personality to see if you fit some mold that they are looking for - some pretty odd questions and I personally think it is a crock. Most of the large captives use some form of test. If you make it past that hurdle, then you need to mesh with the people in the office - at least one person that can be your mentor.

Latest posts

Back