Desktop XP / Laptop Windows 7. Are They Software Compatible?

AgentStone

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a desktop XP and am looking at buying a new laptop w/ Windows 7.

Can I "share info" from a desktop XP to the Windows 7 laptop and from Windows 7 to XP? (can I go from XP Word to 7 Word; from 7 Word to XP Word?)

Or do I need to upgrade the desktop to 7 too?:confused:

Appreciate the help before I spend the big bucks!

Re: Desktop XP / Laptop Windows 7... Are They Software Compatible

I have a desktop XP and am looking at buying a new laptop w/ Windows 7.

Can I "share info" from a desktop XP to the Windows 7 laptop and from Windows 7 to XP? (can I go from XP Word to 7 Word; from 7 Word to XP Word?)

Or do I need to upgrade the desktop to 7 too?:confused:

Appreciate the help before I spend the big bucks!

It all depends on your version of Word, but normally... Yes, they're compatible.

Windows 2003... Will that work?
Thanks

Regarding Word, when you buy a new computer you'll unlock the most recent version of Word. If you save a document with the newest form of Word you won't be able to open it with the previous version.

When you're working on your new computer with the latest version of Word just save is as the older version.

Regarding Word, when you buy a new computer you'll unlock the most recent version of Word. If you save a document with the newest form of Word you won't be able to open it with the previous version.

When you're working on your new computer with the latest version of Word just save is as the older version.

Then later down the road if I upgrade the desk top to 7, I can save the doc in the newer version then?

Then later down the road if I upgrade the desk top to 7, I can save the doc in the newer version then?

You can save an older doc into a newer format. Sometimes some of the objects will be a little off kilter, but for the most part you're good.

Good luck!:1wink:

Thank you for the info!!

Back