Di or Accident Policy that Covers Athletes?

NAF1138

Guru
I am thinking about going independent and currently have a number of clients who are professional horse racers and arena football players. The company I am captive with had policies that cover these guys while they race or play football, and before I leave I wanted to know if I would have options for them.

I have to imagine that there are, but I don't even know where to start looking.

----------

Looking at it, Aetna seems to have an accident plan that doesn't exclude sports activities. Anyone know anything about Aetna supplemental plans?

Thanks DHK. That will help for the jockeys. When I talked with the guy from Peterson he told me the football players were SOL. Turns out Aetna doesn't take athletes in PA.

Good morning

I just saw this post. We DO write football players so I am not sure who told you that we cannot.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thomas Petersen
Petersen International Underwriters
[email protected]

----------

By the way, Glen Dorr is no longer with HCC but with Lloyd's America as an East Coast representative.

Mr T Petersen... While you're on here helping out some of us do you know if Quest labs has the parameds in Costa Rica that they can do a medical exam on a case down there?

The football players I am speaking with all play arena league football. Maybe that made the difference?

Hi All,

Arena Football Players - Thanks for the clarification. That is correct. Mostly because most are not fulltime pros (have fulltime jobs elsewhere) and also high degree of injury. In our world, that could change anytime. I always say, If we tell you "No" today, ask again tomorrow.

Costa Rica - I can't comment on Quest Labs or other carriers specifically. I know that we provide medical forms and as long as they are completed by an English speaking doctor, we have exams done all over the world.

Latest posts

Back