Di Question

dobi

Expert
Have a guy in n Carolina that is wanting a DI plan. I quoted him with assurity and Moo, Moo came in cheaper and would cover to 65/67. My question is he has been told that he needs a knee replacement. He is 42. Would that qualify as pre-ex even if he doesn't have an appointment Probably stupid question, But I am not well- versed in DI!

If he gets coverage, the knee would most likely be excluded. There is probably something going on, pain, etc, that is making the Dr say we need to do this in the next month/year/2 years. I would call each carrier & run it by them. I will tell you that Assurity has a graded product, that if things are that bad, he might be able to get.

If he gets coverage, the knee would most likely be excluded. There is probably something going on, pain, etc, that is making the Dr say we need to do this in the next month/year/2 years. I would call each carrier & run it by them. I will tell you that Assurity has a graded product, that if things are that bad, he might be able to get.

Thanks! I will call each of the carriers and ask for particulars! Assurity has a graded do policy? How's that work? It won't kick in for a specified amount of time? On top of the elimination period?

Back