Diabetes and Heart Attacks

case1

Expert
GA
Who would you use, if anyone? Prospect is a non-insulin Diabetic and had a heart attack over 2 years ago. Equitable used to work until recently. New Era maybe in another 3 years, any other options?

Who would you use, if anyone? Prospect is a non-insulin Diabetic and had a heart attack over 2 years ago. Equitable used to work until recently. New Era maybe in another 3 years, any other options?

Look at Bankers Fidelity.

Scratch that. They would take after 3yrs.

Companion Life, Combined, and Trans will take the prospect that had a heart attack over 2 years ago and as long as they are non insulin like you stated.

Cigna will also take them but they are a bit pricy in Georgia.

How recently?

Looks like they are still using the underwriting guide from 12/14 and last app revision was 1/15.

Right, the app revision was 2015. I think it was late summer 2015 before I realized they had updated the health questions or question, as it pertains to complications of Diabetes. I think they added any heart disorder and high blood pressure. I checked it then because my client was declined. I keep all the carrier's health questions printed out to grab em quick.

Companion Life, Combined, and Trans will take the prospect that had a heart attack over 2 years ago and as long as they are non insulin like you stated.

Cigna will also take them but they are a bit pricy in Georgia.

Not sure what app you are looking at but the Companion and Combined app I'm looking at would decline Diabetes with Circulatory Issues. Trans also asked about Diabetes with Heart Disease.

Cigna would also give them a Standard II rate which is why it would be pricey.

Not sure what app you are looking at but the Companion and Combined app I'm looking at would decline Diabetes with Circulatory Issues. Trans also asked about Diabetes with Heart Disease.

Cigna would also give them a Standard II rate which is why it would be pricey.

For further clarification,

If he isn't taking medication for his heart attack or diabetes and doesn't have HBP. He should be fine.

I know chances of him not having medication are slim, but there's always a IF. :D

Matthew hit the nail on the head with Companion Life, IF no blockage, no more than 2 meds each for diabetes and HBP, blood pressure not over 150/85, height and weight ok, no stents and not on blood thinners more than 6 months...should be good to go as long as no circulatory or periphreral vascular disease. I'd call UW tomorrow and talk to them...I just did, but I didn't have all the particulars. If he's taking anything for his heart and it hasn't changed in 2 years it's considered a maintenance drug.

Back