Diabetes and High Blood pressure

csyjnapapa

Expert
Ohio
I have a female client age 80 who would like to change Medicare Supplement plan D to anodther company to save rate. She takes 2 oral med for diabetes and 2 for high blood pressure. Both under control and have been taking them for over 3 years. Is there a company that will write them with these conditions? She is currently with Standard Life.

I have a female client age 80 who would like to change Medicare Supplement plan D to anodther company to save rate. She takes 2 oral med for diabetes and 2 for high blood pressure. Both under control and have been taking them for over 3 years. Is there a company that will write them with these conditions? She is currently with Standard Life.
Just about every company will take that.

Have you bothered to look at an app or an Underwriting Guide. :skeptical:

I called MOO underwriting and they said they would take a look at and declined. I don't see those questions on Aetna AP.

I called MOO underwriting and they said they would take a look at and declined. I don't see those questions on Aetna AP.
Maybe you can find one in here. Aetna should be ok. Are you telling everything. Anything besides ddibetes and HBP?

Diabetes with HBP: Aetna(no insulin and BP can’t have been higher than 175/100 in past 12 months), Bankers Fidelity(Preferred), Cigna(Over 2 years on no more than 2 HBP meds and no more than 50 units of insulin daily and can’t smoke), Cigna Substandard(Over 2 years if no more than 2 diabetes meds or no more than 50 units of insulin daily), CLI(3 or more HBP meds ok as long as No insulin), CSI(Well controlled taking no more than 2 meds, less than 50 units of insulin daily considered 1 med and 2 HBP meds, no increase in meds in past 2 years and 150/85 or lower), Companion Life(Never more than 50 units of insulin a day and no more than 2 each of diabetic meds and HBP meds with reading 150/85 or lower for 2 years. No circulatory or peripheral vascular disease and no blood thinners for more than 6 months), Equitable(can be on up to 2 diabetes meds including insulin(but insulin makes it Standard) and 2 HBP meds), Everest(ok if no other heart meds but HBP), LBL(No more than 2 oral meds or less than 50 units of insulin(in past year and 1 oral med for diabetes(in past year) along with no more than 2 HBP meds(in past year), A1C level not over 7 and BP reading no more than 150/90), LCBA(Well controlled taking no more than 2 meds, less than 50 units of insulin daily considered 1 med and 2 HBP meds, no increase in meds in past 2 years and 150/85 or lower), New Era(As long as no insulin), Oxford(good control of diabetes and HBP onset over age 40 on oral meds or not taking more than 60 units of insulin daily), Sentinel Security(Consideration given for well controlled cases if no more than 2 oral meds or less than 50 units of insulin and 1 oral med for diabetes along with no more than 2 HBP meds if no change in doses in last 2 years-if on blood thinners with diabetes is decline), Thrivent(No insulin, no more than 2 oral meds for diabetes with no more than 2 HBP meds, A1C level not over 7, BP reading no more than 150/85,no change in dosages in past 2 years), WUL(If no more than 2 diabetic med including insulin if less than 50 units daily and 2 HBP meds)

Latest posts

Back