Diabetes, Pacemaker, Sleep Apnea....anyone?

dgoldenz

Virginia
I have a client that was declined by Lincoln Benefit for fully underwritten coverage when it was found that in addition to being diabetic (no insulin, diagnosed age 58) and having a pacemaker installed 20 months ago, he also is non-compliant on sleep apnea treatment and has one abnormal echo test somewhat recently. Are there any companies that will consider him for a level benefit now, or is he going to have to wait another 4 months to get past the 2-year mark on the pacemaker?

I want to say Americo because it's one year on the pacemaker but question 7 concerns me.

"In the past two years has the proposed insured taken medication for diabetes in combination with a medical history of stroke or TIA, heart disease or disorders, kidney disease, eye problems or any other circulatory disease {any disease that affects the heart and the blood vessels}?"

If he can answer no to that then he could get immediate.

Doesn't sound like that will work....I'd have to think that having a pacemaker would qualify as some type of heart disease or disorder. No other carriers might work here? I know you're the FE expert.

Doesn't sound like that will work....I'd have to think that having a pacemaker would qualify as some type of heart disease or disorder. No other carriers might work here? I know you're the FE expert.

Monumental should work. I didn't think about them because you mentioned diabetes but they are only sticky about insulin.

Just browing over the app with the info you stated they would get standard rates with Mon.

Monumental should work. I didn't think about them because you mentioned diabetes but they are only sticky about insulin.

Just browing over the app with the info you stated they would get standard rates with Mon.

Do you have a copy of a TX app you can PM me? What is their max death benefit and what would the premiums look like? DOB is 7/8/44. Thanks for your help.

Do you have a copy of a TX app you can PM me? What is their max death benefit and what would the premiums look like? DOB is 7/8/44. Thanks for your help.

Max Benefit is 25K, which is $219.75 if he's NT...$314.25 if hes Tobacco!

I dont have a Tx app tho....

Back