Diabetic Insulin 69 Year Old

insurance5511

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
ga
Been looking on forums and see carriers take clients under 50 units..but this guy takes 50 units plus a flex shot 3x a day..Hes in NC (28586), anyone think he can get a new plan?? Also High blood pressure/cholesterol

Was thinking Bankers Fidelity but not set up yet, any ideas?

Pays 247$ a month now plan F MOO and hes wanting to switch to plan G

Thanx

Been looking on forums and see carriers take clients under 50 units..but this guy takes 50 units plus a flex shot 3x a day..Hes in NC (28586), anyone think he can get a new plan?? Also High blood pressure/cholesterol

Was thinking Bankers Fidelity but not set up yet, any ideas?

Pays 247$ a month now plan F MOO and hes wanting to switch to plan G

Thanx

As long as his last A1C level wasn't over 7.0, Equitable would take him at their Standard rate, based on what you've listed.

the shot he takes are 3 times a day, 6 units for small meal and 8 units for big meal? didn't know it mattered....well if he does 3 big meals a day were over 70 which he says he has never taken but how are we supposed to prove this to bankers?

You don't prove it. The applicant does. Pretty sure BFLIC does a script check in addition to EMSI underwriting interview.

As long as his last A1C level wasn't over 7.0, Equitable would take him at their Standard rate, based on what you've listed.

True, but how many diabetics taking that much insulin have an A1C under 7 :D. Their standard rate is outrageously priced too. I don't know why they even bother accepting it, I can't imagine but a small handful of apps even being approved on top of finding someone willing to pay that high of a price.

True, but how many diabetics taking that much insulin have an A1C under 7 :D. Their standard rate is outrageously priced too. I don't know why they even bother accepting it, I can't imagine but a small handful of apps even being approved on top of finding someone willing to pay that high of a price.

If they'd take him it would be less money than MOFO's $247 a month. Equitable F would be $227.84 and the G that he wants to switch to will be $166.34 a month.

Is this different by state? Mine says "If more than 50 units, coverage is not available" right on the application...

Mine too. I think he misunderstood. It says that if any part of question11 is yes then the Med Supp will be Standard...not Preferred, but it says in bold print besides the # of units that "If more than 50 units, coverage is not available".

I can see how that might be misunderstood in the South.:twitchy:

Back