G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
33M
23F
new baby daughter born 10/12/15

25k in farm income profit

No matter what I do with the income, all on him, half on each, it kicks mom to Medicaid. What could be the problem? Childbirth so recently that it kicks mom? She an still join her mom's employer plan for a while... wondering. Seems the income is fine for a three person household to not kick an adult to Medicaid.

New born baby and mom get pregnancy medicaid until child is 1 year old. After 1 year, I think mom loses that medicaid coverage.

In our state it's 2-3 months after the baby is born. I guess each state's rules can vary. It's definitely a thing with application timing.
One of my clients decided she didn't want Medicaid for her pregnancy, so she had just coverage for her, no subsidy, until the baby was born. Waited for a couple months after to get tax credit. Interesting choice.

It's a State by State deal......in your State its probably mandatory for the father to get 2 months maternal leave paid for by the employer.

:D

Bingo, found my answer.

This is the state’s MO HealthNet program for pregnant women and newborns. This program provides healthcare coverage, including sixty-day postpartum coverage, for pregnant women whose family income does not exceed 196% of the federal poverty level for their household size. Once eligible, the coverage continues through the postpartum period despite subsequent increases in income.

Children born to a woman eligible for and receiving MO HealthNet for Pregnant Women or other MO HealthNet health care coverage on the date of the infant’s birth continue to be eligible for MO HealthNet coverage throughout the first year of life as long as the child remains in the mother’s home and maintains Missouri residence.

SO I NEED TO WAIT AND REAPPLY AFTER THE 12TH.

Thanks for looking that up. I found my state's Medicaid handbook for the public. This will help with childbirth and more. Also found other info on a program to pay caregivers of elderly or disabled and enroll women with certain cancers under 200% of FPL. These may be the ones who can't afford $40/month for 94% CSR. Couple new apps may meet this. Ours is a non-expansion state.

Back