Diagnostics.....Test....etc

TonyC

Guru
100+ Post Club
Upon studying most PPO's....i notice that one of the biggest expenses one can incur...are those of Testing.

MRI's,....X-rays, Cat-Scans....etc.

What are some of the ways that one can get coverage for these testing?....without purchasing a accident policy from colorado bankers, etc.

IF someone has a high deductable...and they need an MRI...they could be looking at a very-high expense.

Negotiate at pre admission. Ask if you can pay installments and they will usually counter with a discounted rate for all cash.

Thanks guys....

Bob....what or what are "par providers?"

thanks buddy...

I've contacted three hospitals in the greater Atlanta area, and all three told me the same thing. They'd rather see $50 a month than have to hire a collection agency/attorney to get money they'll never see.

Or, if it's in network, and a scheduled event, call around to different facilities and see who has the lowest bid. The healthcare industry is much more transparent than the democratic-driven media would have you believe.

Thanks...

I see that some carriers have accident riders....companies like United, Humana....have them...but this only covers accidents....

So the question is...."if i have a sore knee...and i need an MRI...is that an accident?

...."if i have a sore knee...and i need an MRI...is that an accident?

Only if it is caused by an injury.

The accident plans are just that. For what it's worth, accident plans don't cover other trips to the ER . . . like heart attack.

And many carriers are now restricting what they will pay for non-emergency ER visits.

Thanks...

I see that some carriers have accident riders....companies like United, Humana....have them...but this only covers accidents....

So the question is...."if i have a sore knee...and i need an MRI...is that an accident?

Your kidding correct? Tony you need to back up and quit analyzing everything. Read your underwriting guides and quit asking for opinions. :SLEEP:

Back